Are text messages included in the BIS plan or is it just internet and email? ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spankey no está en línea Stack level 1

Not receiving text messages with BIS plan?

Advertisement

Are text messages included in the BIS plan or is it just internet and email? My last data plan for my razr included text messages, email and internet? Is texting another add on!!!!!

Reason why I ask is my buddy at work today sent me a text and I never got it? Maybe I am not looking in the right spot on the phone? Weird...

Spank.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Not receiving text messages with BIS plan?

Quote Originally Posted by spankey View Post
    Are text messages included in the BIS plan or is it just internet and email? My last data plan for my razr included text messages, email and internet? Is texting another add on!!!!!

Reason why I ask is my buddy at work today sent me a text and I never got it? Maybe I am not looking in the right spot on the phone? Weird...

Spank.
    Text messaging (SMS) is not available in a package as an add on on any carrier i know of. TMO has a BB min mail and more plan that includes minutes, email, internet and sms. You do not need a billing feature to be able to send or recieve SMS. Alot of people get the billing features confused with the ability to do something. Are you able to send sms? try sending to yourself. It should come into the messages folder. Is the person with another carrier? what carrier are you with? Post back and let us know.

My buddy is with verizon and I am with Cingular. I just wish I would have found this site prior to getting my pearl as I think I would have thought other wise. Great phone but I had NO idea there were so many options and plans for these phones that only pertain to these exact phones. Its too confusing. But I do love the phone though. Its so sweet.

My buddy is with verizon and I am with Cingular. I just wish I would have found this site prior to getting my pearl as I think I would have thought other wise. Great phone but I had NO idea there were so many options and plans for these phones that only pertain to these exact phones. Its too confusing. But I do love the phone though. Its so sweet.

the only really unique feature to the BB device is the BB data feature. For MMS, IM, Email and of course internet use you need some sort of data feature to accomplish it. It is a little daunting at first but soon you will be addicted just like the rest of us.

As to the topic at hand. What happens if you try to send to yourself?

I tested to my phone and I got it?

I tested to my phone and I got it?
    then your sms is OK. It is either an issue on the other persons side or an issue between carriers. Issues between carriers happen semi frequently. one carrier does not let go or pick up the message.

So just to clear up my confusion, I should be able to send Text messages without getting charged? I just want to be sure.

THanks
    Spankey

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

no, check your carriers rates for non-plan texts for rates, best idea is to get a plan or text block if you dont want charged incoming or outgoing