I know I have been sent several text messages today but I am not hearing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ridie no está en línea Stack level 1

Not receiving SMS messages

Advertisement

I know I have been sent several text messages today but I am not hearing the alert sound and they are not showing up in my message list. Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks in advance!

faceof1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    you might need to free up some space on your bb the memory could be low and any new messages might be being remove before your notified that you got it. make sure that all the application are close. then go to options/status under file free and how much space is there

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    A battery pull might help clean up the memory. Also, a memory card is almost an absolute necessity if you use your pearl for taking pictures or listening to music. There's just not a whole lot of free space on the 8130's (at least for those of us who play around with apps, ringtones, themes, etc.)
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    One other option is to ckeck your service books and make sure sms is listed there. After you free up some space try resending your service books to yourself. Sounds like a memory issue but it can't hurt to look in your service books

ridie no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Thank you!

Thanks to all who replied about not receiving SMS messages. It surely was the memory and once I took out the battery and put it back in, I was good to go! I still haven't figured out how to move some apps over to my card, but I'm working on that. Any help there would always be appreciated. Again, many thanks!!

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    what do u mean move them to you card? you mean like install them on your card instead of on your device and still be able to run the program? if thats the case you can NOT do that. its a feature that is not currently supported
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

jason2nails no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c33731
    go under setting>security>general>memory cleaning and disable.
    once a day press and hold alt press LGLG and then menu clear logs
    while in message folder menu>options>general and make sure that the display new message indicator is set to yes...

Jasmine247 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have the same problem....i get messages from some people but not from others...and i am not sure if i have alot of memory used or not. how much is alot of memory??

AdamC no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Thanks for that tip on clearing logs Jason. Even though I haven't had an issue with my messages coming through in quite a while, (it has happened once) my berry felt noticeably more snappy after clearing these logs.

Thanks again!
    Adam

PIN/ID
    31c33731
    Your Welcome, also if anyone is getting the hour glass often in addition to clearing your logs with ALT + LGLG, go under options>auto on/off and enable this feature, you can have it turn the phone off and back on 1 minute later, chances are if set at 4 or 5am then you will not mess a call or text in that minute, this is quite benefical for helping the phone run quickly. Also since I installed OS 4.3.0.127 from Sprint I havent had any memory leak issues..

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic View Post
    what do u mean move them to you card? you mean like install them on your card instead of on your device and still be able to run the program? if thats the case you can NOT do that. its a feature that is not currently supported

Actually using the AERIZE CARD LOADER you can load apps from your SD Card.

Check the thread here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ze+card+loader

Hope that helps!!!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

PIN/ID
    31c33731
    Awesome Jay_Man Thanks!!