Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TMO has good coverage in the Twin Cities. I love my TMO!! I'll show you ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Not liking Cingular right now

Advertisement

TMO has good coverage in the Twin Cities. I love my TMO!! I'll show you a dropped CALL! Yea Cingular doesn't really get much around these parts either.

praggusmc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F0A7A7

CINGULAR = good coverage (delaware) but BAD customer service. I JUST got a phone bill with my name on the bill, but NOT my phone number? says i owe 249 bucks for someone elses phone number under my name?????
    Needless to say, after about 20 minutes of being bounced around from rep to rep, i finally got it resolved

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by usethesource
    Every company is going to have different coverage density in different areas. Here in Dallas, T-Mobile and Cingular service has always been pretty bad.
    Must have been isolated areas cause I took an SK2 to Dallas for a week a few years ago, and my SK2 and a BlackBerry back to Dallas just 2 weeks ago. Got excellent coverage on all 3 phones on both trips. My BlackBerry went from EDGE to GPRS for a few on the way there but had SOLID EDGE on the way home. My SK2 had excellent coverage both times I took it.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by tgeekb
    Trying to build networks as large as these is not easy. There are going to be isolated problems. No one carrier is perfect. You have to go with the one that has the best coverage and service in your area, noting that it may change in the future. I'm not sticking up for them, just stating that the technology is still evolving.
    Very well said !

I know a subcontractor who owns a company that builds the towers. The issues they have to overcome are quite substantial.

The complexity of a cellular network is beyond what many might imagine.

And as you so perfectly stated, the technology is indeed changing and quite rapidly.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by praggusmc
    CINGULAR = good coverage (delaware) but BAD customer service. I JUST got a phone bill with my name on the bill, but NOT my phone number? says i owe 249 bucks for someone elses phone number under my name?????
    Needless to say, after about 20 minutes of being bounced around from rep to rep, i finally got it resolved

This happened to me last year also on T-Mo. I got a bill for 3K worth of text messages (whoever had this bill didn't know about unlimited messaging) I got on the phone and verified who I was and got my bill down to about $300 (the cost of a previous plan I had, the purchase of a 7105T, and the first month of usage on the BIS plan).

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I think we are so used to the technology now that we expect perfection. If you had told me when I was a teenager that we would all be using cell phones or would have computers in our homes I would have laughed in your face. That was only on Star Trek. People who have grown up with this technology do not realize how new and young it is. There is no excuse for poor customer service but the technology is still being developed.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

There is another factor to consider here as well. The explosive growth in sales of cell phones Nationwide.

These cellular carriers are so big, and hiring people so rapidly, it's hard for them to keep up with training and servicing all the new and existing customers.

I have found recently that the best way to deal with a billing issue is to go into the store. Most of the carries use call centers, and over the phone they are much less motivated to help you than in person.

Finally I have experienced this personally, and there is a huge difference. I went into the store with a pleasant and positive attitude and simply asked for the manager.

She came out, was very interested in listening to the situation. Once she looked up my account and did some checking online, she happily credited my account for the $290 overcharge which was mistakenly posted to my account.

Then without having to ask, she credited me and additional $100 in airtime, along with resetting my eligibility for a new phone. I was not due for 12 more months as I just got a new BB not long ago.

So in the end, everyone was happy and it was much more pleasant that spending over an hour on the phone like I did a year ago.

The are no different that any other business, mistakes are made. But the reason I remain so loyal to Cingular is that they always take care of me, by going above and beyond, and thank me for my business.

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

I have always had billing issues promptly and fairly resolved by Cingular--been with them for about 10 years now. Coverage throughout the Southeast gets better every year, too.

My concern is how AT&T will handle our accounts. An experience with them from many years ago left a real bad taste in my mouth and I have studiously avoided any business entanglements with them since. But now they have roped me in against my will. I'm just hoping The New AT&T is truly NEW.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, just to be different, I was with AT&T wireless for many years before the Buy out and never had any bad experiences with them. After the switch that I was forced to make to get my first Blackberry, I have had only one psuedo bad experience. I had a tier two tech that couldn't understand that I was trying to report a tower problem. But that is the only problem I have had with AT&T/Cingular in over 10 years of Cell use with them.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I think the negatives always stand out more than the positives. People very rarely talk about being happy with a service. I have never had any problems with Cingular. My service has been good and coverage is excellent.

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    if you live in the MD, DC, VA area cingular and especialy t-mobile have the worst coverage of any other carriers
    i've had cingular in the Northern VA area for 6+ years now, never a problem, i've moved all around the dc area, only single place i couldnt get service was outside of baltimore in nomans land.

May just be personal experience, but i have nothing bad to say about cing

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

I live in VA and travel in DC and MD extensivley and relatively few problems with my Cingular coverage. I do however have problems in any Target I go into. My conspiracy theory is that Target Jams the signal so you will talk less and buy more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12