Just called to take care of some issues and they told me that the 8100 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ASTMedic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E995D1

Not covred by Cingular insurance???

Advertisement

Just called to take care of some issues and they told me that the 8100 is not on the "covered list" for Cingular insurance. What the heck??? Why??

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Cingular has a policy of not covering any "PDA" devices and the Blackberry is included on that list

PIN/ID
    23E995D1
    bunch of crap!

thanks

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah, I found a company, cant recall the name right off and I am out of town on business that cost under 100/yr and covers damage, theft and loss.

PIN/ID
    23E995D1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~let me know what it is if you get a chance. Thanks

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I wonder if it would be covered on a basic homeowners insurance policy?

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Cingular told me that my Homeowners policy would cover my phone if something were to happen to it. I haven't yet called my insurance carrier to confirm that. I think it sucks that Cingular won't insure all of their products.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3
    Your renters or homeowners will cover everything you own but chances are the deductable, or the deductable plus future increases as you filed a claim <G>, would be more than a new Pearl would cost.

Forget Safeway insurance too. You first need to send you phone to them so they can try to fix it and it takes a couple weeks to get it back. If its lost or stolen they dont mail the check for 30 days. So either way your without a phone for weeks.

MrGolf no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    Your renters or homeowners will cover everything you own but chances are the deductable, or the deductable plus future increases as you filed a claim <G>, would be more than a new Pearl would cost.

Forget Safeway insurance too. You first need to send you phone to them so they can try to fix it and it takes a couple weeks to get it back. If its lost or stolen they dont mail the check for 30 days. So either way your without a phone for weeks.
    Unless you're living in a $20k house, I don't see a purpose to filing a homeowners claim on a Cingy Pearl. The standard deductibles are generally 1% of the value of your home. So if you're house is $50k, you're deductible is $500.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    there is a 3rd party company that will insure any PDA/ BB let me look and see if i can find the link for you all..
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Darn it. I cant find the info on the site i saw about 6 months ago. I'll keep searching. I see there are several companies based in England. They cant help us though....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

It's not worth it......just be careful! lol. You'll end up spending over $100 in monthly premiums. Then if you end up needing a new phone, you'll pay at least $50. That means you've just spent 50% of the cost of a new phone. If you don't need to replace it, you've already spent 33% of the cost of a new phone for no reason.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ safeware.com

Quote Originally Posted by manapuaman
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ safeware.com
    You know...they don't seem to bad....but the turnaround time that you will be out of a phone seems a bit too much to handle. I guess it'll work if you have a backup phone. But you still have to send the phone to a repair facility, and between shipping time, diagnosis, repair/replacement time, you'd be lucky to get a working phone back in 2-3 weeks.