Hey, just got my Pearl today, new to the forums, hopefully I'll be sticking around ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

nonesuch no está en línea Stack level 1

Not-Blackberry games...on my Blackberry? Anybody?

Advertisement

Hey, just got my Pearl today, new to the forums, hopefully I'll be sticking around a while! I haven't had any problems downloading generic Java applets to run on my Pearl (Opera Mini and Google Maps), but what's the problem with games? There's a few cell games I want that will probably never be ported to Blackberry, like Lumines and Geometry Wars and Orcs & Elves. I don't understand why Java games even need to be ported in the first place... looking at the Destroy All Humans 2 demo (yuck, I know) they didn't even change to a BB-style menu structure or anything. So, what's the trick to getting Gameloft and others let me buy their games? When trying to download, it always says my phone isn't supported.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: Not-Blackberry games...on my Blackberry? Anybody?

If that game aint supported, I guess it aint supported and none u can do bout it. There some games on mobile.blackberry.com (OTA) for free also some on www.handango.com and a few other websites. Maybe someone here will help you with finding the right games and stuff.

Welcome to the Stack family Glad u've got that machine!!

nonesuch no está en línea Stack level 1

Well, considering my Pearl runs seemingly all other Java software, why wouldn't it run games? I'm pretty confident it would, I guess my question is really "how do I trick the provider into sending me the game I want." Are there any other phones that have, say, a similar screen resolution that I could claim to be using? Anyone have success running generic cell games by this method?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

nonesuch, Welcome to PinStack.

It may have something to do with the specific APIs that RIM uses in the OS that are different than those of other Java based phone systems.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

There are many game I would love to have as well, but Im sticking it out.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Go to getjar.com. And look for ZELDA. That's right zelda. Only a demo and not specific to the pearl but its cool