well, very informative forum, love it already i have at&t purchased a 8100 pearl yesterday, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lilcooker03 no está en línea Stack level 1

NooB w/ some ?'s

Advertisement

well, very informative forum, love it already

i have at&t

purchased a 8100 pearl yesterday, and i got it, love it, was up until 5 a.m. playing searching this forum, and trying new things... early morning too haha

first off, i dont use my phone for talk at all really, so i have a small talk plan, but i want a bb data plan, i do alot of texting..right now i have unlimited texting

i dont want to pay 29.99 for a data plan, and 19.99 for unlimited texting, that is insane

willing to pay the 29.99 for the data plan, any of you have any way around this messaging issue, an easy online messaging system, i read about ramble, doesnt sound fun just any ideas on that?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: NooB w/ some ?'s

You can purchase the data plan and use the IM capabilities but you would always have to be online with Yahoo or Google Talk for that to work and your friends would have to do the same to message you. Of course, you can utilize the Blackberry Messenger as well. You can always go to a carriers website and send a text to someone from there but they will not be able to respond so an IM program is your best bet if you don't want to pay for the text plan.

Good luck and welcome to the "Stacks"
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

You can use teleflip to send emails as text messages (eg 1234567890@teleflip.com). It works great and it's free. And most phones have their own email address these days, so the person's reply will come in as an email to you, and it will essentially be an email conversation, so it will be charged as data vs. SMS.

dsears33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30bc7eec

you might be better off switching carriers. 19.99 for unlimited text? thats crazy! I have tmobile and its way cheaper for data plan and half for unlimited text.

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

try EQO at http://www.eqo.com/l/en/index.php. This is a messenger program that uses data instead of SMS for all the popular im's. I downloaded it and it works great!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Notorious170; 09-27-2007 at 08:53 AM.

lilcooker03 no está en línea Stack level 1

thank you all for your answers i appreciate it

if i were to get one of the instant messenger plans, on my friend and familys phones, will they have to send the message to a different number? simple question i rekon