Hello Everyone, I am completly new to the whole world of BB so please excuse ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cdgLA no está en línea Stack level 1

Noob, T-mo Pearl on Cingular question

Advertisement

Hello Everyone,
    I am completly new to the whole world of BB so please excuse my lack of knowledge.
    I recenlty received a T-mo 8100 as a gift but am on cingular. I have unlocked it and am using it as a phone only so far.
    Before I got it unlocked a local retailer told me that an unlocked BB will work for Phone functions only and not for network/email functions. I was bummed, but plan was now to unlock it, use it as a phone for 3 months ( when my cing contract is up ) then switch t-mo for full BB service.
    After reading a lot of great posts on here, it seams that's not the case. Is it as easy as signing up for a data plan on cing, and registering a BIS account on the link posted by cherrichiodo?
    If this is the case, I may just stay with cing, but my second question is, will this hinder the Pearl at all if I DO ever want to switch to t-mobile later?
    Thanks!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Noob, T-mo Pearl on Cingular question

Welcome to the Stacks Cdgla. If your Pearl is indeed unlocked from TMO, you can use it on Cingy for phone and data. If you want to switch it back to TMO later, not a problem.

Great! Thanks for the quick response ljbyar!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

cdgLA - how goes it? welcome to pinstack

yes, it is that easy. i am currently using a tmobile branded phone on the cingular network and have never had ONE issue.
    first call cingular and tell them you want the unlimited BB plan or BIS. its $29.99 and don't let them tell you any different. if you sms/mms a lot, i would recommend getting the $10 add on for 1000 txt.
    once you have that set up, log on and create your new account
    http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    you can set up to 10 email accounts to push to your bb. there is even a thread in here to get yahoo im working on cingular (many will tell you it won't)

in answer to your last question, no, it won't hurt it at all. in fact, unlocking it makes it a world phone, pretty much usable anywhere

feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions.

All set up!! Thanks for all the help!

rvampola no está en línea Stack level 1

working for cingular... there are some issues we come across with internet usage on unlocked phones.. i havnt heard of any with t mobile. mostly it happens with our phones that use UMTS and trying to go to someone else for service