So im new to this forum...but i had a few questions......Is it possible to get ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

atlzdynasty no está en línea Stack level 2

NOOB...Need Help

Advertisement

So im new to this forum...but i had a few questions......Is it possible to get internet without haveing a data plan.....On my previous phones I was still able to check sports scores but on this phone nothing?

Is this possible I have a link for a site that says the above is possible...Since I do not have an apporiate level I can not add it....If anybody can help with either one of these questions I will send the link to you individually and then maybe you can post it........

Second question.....I left my Usb cable at my home..I am currently at college so is there anyway to load a theme or software program through bluetooth or through a microsd card....I can see it on my microsd card but I cant do anything with it......????

Any help would be greatlly appreciated.....

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: NOOB...Need Help

1. I can't help here. Maybe? Who's your carrier?

2. You can install themes OTA (over the air) if it's available, you can also do it with applications if they are available OTA.

Cingular.......OTA----is Over the Air correct....if I do not have a data plan then how is it possible to get on to download themes

PIN/ID
    STACK

No data...hmmm that's going to be a tough one.

This is the website that I found that dicusses the internet without data plan...I can not try it because I left my cable at home and dont know how to get the browser without the cable or dataplan.....
    omit spaces but keep all other characters and symbols.......

w w w . blackberryinsight . c o m / 2007/04/27/ howto-get-blackberry- internet-access-without-data- plan- example- china-mobile/

When you download or load a file using the application loader what folder does it get sent to on the blackberry and is there a way to access that through the phone its self? Possibly to move a file thats on the sd card into there so it works that way?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

That depends on the file.
    what type of file are you trying to use?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    STACK

all applications are stored on the device memory. you can't run applications off the sd card. Sorry

I have a few jad files, one cod file and a few zips.....I dont know how to get a program on the pearl without a cable..... What are the file types that I can use.....Have you tried that website yet and is that something just made up or is it a possibility......

PIN/ID
    ask me

you will need the usb cable at the least, especially without a data plan
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    STACK

you're stuck in a catch 22 man. First you need to get Opera Mini onto you BB. If you don't have a data plan you need to use the DM to get Opera Mini on your BB. So since you don't have your cable i don't think you can even attempt to get free internet untill you get the cable.

The site looked fine. I'm not sure if it will work though.
    There was a loophole for TMO like this, but they plugged the hole about a week ago. I'm not sure how Cingular has things set up.

Aight thanks reddog and kayos.....is there a possible way of bluetooth working in my favor or is it only restricted for videos, pics, ringtones, and music.......like from a computer to the pearl.....man looks like im gonna have to get another cable or get it shipped here...anyone know how much they cost....

PIN/ID
    ask me

backin up reddog on this one, the site did look ok but without a data plan or a cable. you are stuck.
    sorry

PIN/ID
    STACK

bluetooth is pretty crippled in the BB. If you can get it functioning it works well. It took me about a few days to get the ability to sync with bluetooth, but I think that was because my dongle is a POS. I don't use it for anything other than transferring files and syncing with Outlook.

As for the cable, if you have a PSP or digital camera with a mini usb cord it should work fine. I use my cable with my PSP, because I bought it second hand and it didn't have a usb cord. If you don't have either then i think cables are pretty cheap. 10 bucks give or take. you could find one at radio shack or a store along those lines. Best buy etc. Just look for USB to mini USB...i think those are the connections. (EDIT you want the 5 pin mini usb NOT the 4 pin)
    Last edited by reddog187; 05-21-2007 at 11:54 PM.