Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey all, im new here, just wanted to say hey. i joined last weekend and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TheCow no está en línea Stack level 2

noob introduction

Advertisement

hey all,

im new here, just wanted to say hey. i joined last weekend and have been lurking and reading up on my new pearl so that i dont go asking 500 questions that already have answers.

i gotta say this is one hell of a site. tons of information available, and friendly people willing to help without getting pissy over little crap. this is my first BB and so far im in love with this thing. im new to BB but not smart/PDA phones. im coming from a motorola A1200, moto E68I before that.

so far the only question i havent found an asnwer for, is how do you get the ABC icon in the upper right corner to go away. it sits right over my service indicator and i never know how much service i have. i'll notice every now and then its gone, but for the most part its always there. any clues?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: noob introduction

Hey TheCow. Welcome to the Stacks. If you hit the cap or number key, that should go away.

are you referring to the "#" key? if so i just tried that and got nothing. the icon is on every screen or menu i go into, just sitting in the upper corner.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah mine was doing that a couple of weeks ago as well. Use the above to make it go away. If that doesn't work just do a battery pull.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Yeah, the good old battery pull (take out the battery with the BB on then wait at least 30 seconds before putting it back in) should do the trick.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Battery Pull always fixes the problems!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Yeah, the good old battery pull (take out the battery with the BB on then wait at least 30 seconds before putting it back in) should do the trick.
    lol, i just did this and as soon as i put the battery back in it turned on to a blank screen with an hour glass for a few seconds. the first thing that popped up before the background or anything came up was that damn ABC icon.

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

You have to press the "CAP" button in the bottom right corner of your keyboard. Your CAP lock is turned on, and will stay on until you turn it off. Even with the battery pull

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Hey cow!! Welcome to stacks!! Instead of just pressing the * button, hold it down until you see it go away. What that is your suretype indicator. Hope this works

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

My fault, didn't realize you were working on an 8100. Well welcome to the Stacks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mrcsbrooks
    Hey cow!! Welcome to stacks!! Instead of just pressing the * button, hold it down until you see it go away. What that is your suretype indicator. Hope this works
    thanks for all the responses guys.

when holding down the * button it set the phone to keypad lock. holding # sets it to vibe. and the icon is still there. also i have suretypre turned off

Jacisipmac no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9128a

yeah, thats what mrcsbrooks meant, when suretype is off the "abc" icon appears but I've never seen it show up on the home screen, only when the cursor is in a text entry field. theres probably some super secret key combination that you can do to make it go away but i don't know what it is. unfortunately my knowledge does not extend any further than a battery pull.

sorry i couldn't be more help. I'm sure someone will be along shortly that knows what to do. welcome to the stacks.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome to pinstack!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

TheCow, Welcome to PinStack.

One sure way is to go to Options/Languages and then Input Options and set your language to the one that doesn't have Multi-Tap behind it. the ABC is an indication that you are in multi-tap mode. You either live with the ABC or you turn off multi-tap mode.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Oops forgot about that part!! Make sure when holding down the * button, your in a field where you can enter in text. Such as the quick reply box @ the bottom of the page. At that point it should remove the ABC icon. Rcbr's post is also another sure shot way to go. What your seeing is an icon that is displaying that you are in multi tap mode. Which means that when your inputting text you will be tapping the keys more than once to choose the letters you input while texting. Sure type is an advanced t9 system so to speak!! (sorry!! Best comparison I can use) let us know if this works!! Sorry about the lack of detail earlier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast