When I got my pearl I put the SIM from my old card into my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jeff000 no está en línea Stack level 1

None of the numbers in my Phone Book work? wtf!

Advertisement

When I got my pearl I put the SIM from my old card into my new pearl, it went through the importing of my numbers. The numbers are all there and are all correct, but whenever I try and call from the phone book the phone just makes a beep sound and disconects.
    If I enter the exact same number with the keypad the call will go through no problem.

Anyone know what the deal is? and how do I fix it?

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: None of the numbers in my Phone Book work? wtf!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Have you looked at the SmartDialing options? If you go into the call log, right click, go to SmartDialing options. In there make sure the country code is correct and your area code are there. Scroll down through the options and verify. Let me know if that doesn't work.

I had an issue once where I was travelling and none of my calls from my phone book would work. However if I dialed them they would. Try this too: open one of you address book entries and add a "1" before the telephone number. Let us know how you turn out.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Also, did you try a battery pull reset?

jeff000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by woodi68
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Have you looked at the SmartDialing options? If you go into the call log, right click, go to SmartDialing options. In there make sure the country code is correct and your area code are there. Scroll down through the options and verify. Let me know if that doesn't work.

I had an issue once where I was travelling and none of my calls from my phone book would work. However if I dialed them they would. Try this too: open one of you address book entries and add a "1" before the telephone number. Let us know how you turn out.
    Thank you so much
    it was missing the area code, once I put that in everything worked perfectly.