I woke up the other day to my black berry pearl's alarm but when I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gp1 online no está en línea Stack level 1

Question None of my buttons are working

I woke up the other day to my black berry pearl's alarm but when I picked it up the key pad lights were flickering. When I pushed the buttons to stop the alarm nothing worked. I can still scroll left and right and down but not up and When I push the trackball to select it doesn't work. And none of the side buttons or the keypad buttons work. Basically my phone is useless. I'm really in a bind....My phone is a refurbished ATT phone and I didn't get insurance on it, so I'm not sure if I can get it replaced. I was wondering If any of y'all had heard of things like this happening and if there was anything I could do. I have so much info on that phone. I would really like to keep it its such a great device. Any help would be appreciated.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: None of my buttons are working

Start by doing a battery pull, remove the battery and wait 30 seconds. Reinstall and turn it on. If that does not help you can try updating the OS to the most current version here:
    If it continues than it may be hardware related.

Let me know if you need anything else with it.

Welcome to Pinstack and Merry Christmas!

ir_dizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: None of my buttons are working

Hey qp1,

I have the same exact problem w/ my phone (my phone is not refurbished, however - see my post). Does anyone have any idea what is going on????

I can't figure it out - I have tried everything. Did you also recently upgrade your desktop software to 4.3? I don't know if that is related to your problem... the problems for me started after that, but that probably is just coincidental...