Results 1 to 10 of 10

i lost the little trackball so i need a shortcut to get to options on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    chocolatedesire's Avatar
    chocolatedesire no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    22

    no 'trackball' how can i go to options

    Advertisement



    i lost the little trackball so i need a shortcut to get to options on my 8100

  2. #2
    chocolatedesire's Avatar
    chocolatedesire no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    22
    =/

  3. #3
    ray_1060's Avatar
    ray_1060 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23
    Why dont you just order another trackball, or if your getting rid of the phone borrow someone elses trackball long enough to do what you need.

  4. #4
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481
    thats a tough one, tried to get there on my 8300 without the trackball, couldnt do it

  5. #5
    chocolatedesire's Avatar
    chocolatedesire no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_1060 View Post
    Why dont you just order another trackball, or if your getting rid of the phone borrow someone elses trackball long enough to do what you need.
    It isn't that easy, It takes a couple of days to get to me.
    And theres not too many people laying around with blackberry's not wanting to
    use their trackball.
    Thanks anyways...
    -------
    Thanks `Chokem.`
    Argggh, guess i`ll have to wait.

  6. #6
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481
    your welcome, I feel for ya. you wont be 100% till ur Berry's working right. Stay on the Stacks, and the time will hopefully pass quickly for you.

  7. #7
    dugget's Avatar
    dugget no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    48
    seems like you gotta order a new one. or your just out of luck.

  8. #8
    schumacher's Avatar
    schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Posts
    125
    try putting a earbud in the ball hole and move it around. that ight hopefully move the cursor. once options is highlighted use enter key from keyboard. lol dont think i'll work but worth a try.

  9. #9
    BenMarvin's Avatar
    BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    try putting a earbud in the ball hole and move it around. that ight hopefully move the cursor. once options is highlighted use enter key from keyboard. lol dont think i'll work but worth a try.
    If the whole assembly is missing, then nothing would work. there are tiny magnetic rollers on the assembly that tell the sensors where the ball is moving.

    I know on qwerty devices, if you have 'dial from home screen' disabled, the shortcut to options is 'o'. I don't know about the suretype devices. Well, there is one really roundabout way that I can think of. You could hide all the icons but options. But then unhiding them all might be a bit of an issue. Best option would be to get a new trackball asap.

  10. #10
    schumacher's Avatar
    schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    If the whole assembly is missing, then nothing would work. there are tiny magnetic rollers on the assembly that tell the sensors where the ball is moving.

    I know on qwerty devices, if you have 'dial from home screen' disabled, the shortcut to options is 'o'. I don't know about the suretype devices. Well, there is one really roundabout way that I can think of. You could hide all the icons but options. But then unhiding them all might be a bit of an issue. Best option would be to get a new trackball asap.
    wow

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •