i lost the little trackball so i need a shortcut to get to options on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chocolatedesire no está en línea Stack level 2

no 'trackball' how can i go to options

Advertisement

i lost the little trackball so i need a shortcut to get to options on my 8100

=/

ray_1060 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Why dont you just order another trackball, or if your getting rid of the phone borrow someone elses trackball long enough to do what you need.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    thats a tough one, tried to get there on my 8300 without the trackball, couldnt do it

Quote Originally Posted by ray_1060 View Post
    Why dont you just order another trackball, or if your getting rid of the phone borrow someone elses trackball long enough to do what you need.
    It isn't that easy, It takes a couple of days to get to me.
    And theres not too many people laying around with blackberry's not wanting to
    use their trackball.
    Thanks anyways...
    -------
    Thanks `Chokem.`
    Argggh, guess i`ll have to wait.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    your welcome, I feel for ya. you wont be 100% till ur Berry's working right. Stay on the Stacks, and the time will hopefully pass quickly for you.

dugget no está en línea Stack level 2
    seems like you gotta order a new one. or your just out of luck.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    try putting a earbud in the ball hole and move it around. that ight hopefully move the cursor. once options is highlighted use enter key from keyboard. lol dont think i'll work but worth a try.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    try putting a earbud in the ball hole and move it around. that ight hopefully move the cursor. once options is highlighted use enter key from keyboard. lol dont think i'll work but worth a try.
    If the whole assembly is missing, then nothing would work. there are tiny magnetic rollers on the assembly that tell the sensors where the ball is moving.

I know on qwerty devices, if you have 'dial from home screen' disabled, the shortcut to options is 'o'. I don't know about the suretype devices. Well, there is one really roundabout way that I can think of. You could hide all the icons but options. But then unhiding them all might be a bit of an issue. Best option would be to get a new trackball asap.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin View Post
    If the whole assembly is missing, then nothing would work. there are tiny magnetic rollers on the assembly that tell the sensors where the ball is moving.

I know on qwerty devices, if you have 'dial from home screen' disabled, the shortcut to options is 'o'. I don't know about the suretype devices. Well, there is one really roundabout way that I can think of. You could hide all the icons but options. But then unhiding them all might be a bit of an issue. Best option would be to get a new trackball asap.
    wow