i know there have been a few sound issues discussed here, but i haven't found ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

FreeAgent no está en línea Stack level 1

no sound from handset

Advertisement

i know there have been a few sound issues discussed here, but i haven't found anyone with this problem. yesterday the sound from my bb pearl handset stopped working. the speaker phone (calls, voice commands, ringers, alerts, etc.) still works and i can use my bluetooth headset, but no sound when i put the phone to my ear. tried battery removal, etc. this is an unlocked phone and i use a mac, so i haven't been able to upgrade firmware or anything. any ideas before i have to go buy another phone?? thanks!

ERX3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C2708

Re: no sound from handset

This same thing just happened to me. I've had my phone for only 3 weeks now.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

If you can access a windows pc, upgrade the os with it.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    204C2708

How do you do that? I'm pretty new to all of this. Thanks in advance.

PIN/ID
    204C2708

I'm currently running T-Mobile OS 4.2.0.64. This is the most recent right? I tried pulling the battery and I'm still having the same problem.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

several members have reported this problem and all ended up having to send their handsets back in and have them replaced. if you use the search button you will find they found no solution besides the swap. goodluck =0/

PIN/ID
    204C2708

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    several members have reported this problem and all ended up having to send their handsets back in and have them replaced. if you use the search button you will find they found no solution besides the swap. goodluck =0/

Thanks. I ended up doing that after calling T-Mobile and having them send me a new one. This will be my 3rd pearl in 3 weeks.

dennis_ander no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dennis_ander no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well I had the same problem happen to me last week & i've done the trouble shooting-took the Pearl back to the store "no solution to the problem " I called T-Mobile the tech mentioned this problem has been occurring to others & a replacement will be sent out tomorrow! Sorry I can't help but it doesn't seem to be a answer to this problem except a replacement phone.
    The thing is it happens BAM & the hand set stops working! Thank goodness for this forum :-)

eurochronix no está en línea Stack level 1

yeah i had the same problem...i had some serious bad luck luck with my pearl...currently i have my 4th one...my previous problem was the non working speaker..... i just swapped it for a new one...

tejaswiK no está en línea Stack level 1

I also have the same problem. I also tried pulling the battery and still the problem remains. I guess I have no option , but a replacement.

fbriceno97 Guest

Lightbulb Re: no sound from handset

Quote Originally Posted by tejaswiK
    I also have the same problem. I also tried pulling the battery and still the problem remains. I guess I have no option , but a replacement.
    Claim a replacement, in my case i had to buy a pearl front face that included the earbud and had to do the repair by myself, it worked just perfect and then i sold it.

TWOTONE no está en línea Stack level 1

third pearl in three weeks! I am currently having this problem and it looks like i iwll be sending my phone in too. how long did it take for the phone to arrive?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by TWOTONE
    third pearl in three weeks! I am currently having this problem and it looks like i iwll be sending my phone in too. how long did it take for the phone to arrive?
    depends which rep you get. some will overnight it to you for free.

PIN/ID
    204C2708

Are you kidding me?!!!! It looks like I've gotta get my 4th Pearl now. The sound went out again! What's the deal? Am I the only one with bad luck? My wife says to get a different phone because of all of the problems I've had, but I love this phone and what it does. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm currently with T-Mobile. Will they replace my phone for the 3rd time?