Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok i put my sim in my bb pearl, and it says "no service".. so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rbn85 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24538FBF

"no service"

Advertisement

ok i put my sim in my bb pearl, and it says "no service".. so i tried again on my curve, and worked perfectly.. i checked the settings.. everything its normal..
    so i decided to wipe the phone... same result.. "no service"...
    the wierd thing its that i dont se the blue arrows on the corner trying to connect....
    i dont know what it could be.... any help please??

BTW... it a tmo 8100 unlocked.. normally my brother uses it on an ATT regular plan..

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Did you turn the wireless connection on?

PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    Yep its on...it says "serchibg for network"... But the blue arrows dont show.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    nope they dnt show ... it show a red x

PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    Someone can help me ???~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    I had the same problem but never found a solution for it, sorry.

PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    ... Dont say that please.. I need that phone badly.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    I not sure exactly what you're talking about.

You say your brother used it on ATT on a regular plan - is that a BB plan or a WAP plan or just a phone plan with no data of any kind. If he was on just phone only he might've turned the data services off to save the battery. Options> Mobile Network> Data Services> On

If data services are on you should see the blue arrows trying to connect (fairly frequently if they can't which is why it's a good idea to turn them off otherwise).

When you put the SIM in the Pearl did you also go into your BIS and change that to reflect the Pearl's PIN and IMEI? If not then it's still expecting your Curve to be there.

You didn't mention any No SIM Card inserted or Invalid SIM messages so I'm assuming you can make calls and it's just the data services that are down.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    When you put the SIM in the Pearl did you also go into your BIS and change that to reflect the Pearl's PIN and IMEI? If not then it's still expecting your Curve to be there.

You didn't mention any No SIM Card inserted or Invalid SIM messages so I'm assuming you can make calls and it's just the data services that are down.
    On the att network you could move the sim card around to multiple devices and it should always read as long as the phone is compatible with the network unless you run into a invalid sim or no sim card message. This is why I'm a little stumped on this myself Unless this is a hardware issue.

Have you asked your brother to put his sim card into the pearl again to see if it works?

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    On the att network you could move the sim card around to multiple devices and it should always read as long as the phone is compatible with the network unless you run into a invalid sim or no sim card message. This is why I'm a little stumped on this myself Unless this is a hardware issue.

Have you asked your brother to put his sim card into the pearl again to see if it works?

^^ Banned for...whoops, sorry, force of habit from the other thread of days past.

Yeah, around here too as long the phone is unlocked, on the same frequencies and takes a SIM you can just switch from one phone to another and it should read the SIM and let you make phone calls, but here BIS data doesn't activate to the new phone until service books are resent, Host routing tables changed, etc.

That's why I'm wondering if his brother ever had the phone on a data plan and if his issue is just not getting data or not even getting any phone service at all.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    What OS is on the Pearl?

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    ^^ Banned for...whoops, sorry, force of habit from the other thread of days past.

Yeah, around here too as long the phone is unlocked, on the same frequencies and takes a SIM you can just switch from one phone to another and it should read the SIM and let you make phone calls, but here BIS data doesn't activate to the new phone until service books are resent, Host routing tables changed, etc.

That's why I'm wondering if his brother ever had the phone on a data plan and if his issue is just not getting data or not even getting any phone service at all.

I know where you're getting at with the BIS data but he's not getting voice or data. If it is truly unlocked the device should be able to send and receive calls at the least or am I misunderstanding him and he's only getting voice and not data?

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    I know where you're getting at with the BIS data but he's not getting voice or data. If it is truly unlocked the device should be able to send and receive calls at the least or am I misunderstanding him and he's only getting voice and not data?
    Wasn't clear from his original post so I think what I really meant to say in my previous posts is, "We need more info (and specifics) to help you properly!"

PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    Sorry if I wasnt clear enough.
    Its a pearl running 4.5. I used it before with my sim. My brother doesnt have BIS or wap plan. He just uses it for voice and text. I put my SIM on it cus I wanted to use it...
    The phone said " serching for network" but doesnt connect to the network at all. (My sim its the only one with a BIS plan). I tried his sim on it and same story, I even tried my other brothers sim on it and doesnt work. I've wiped the phone 2 times and still does the same thing. I'm going to post pics of the screen in a lil bit.

PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    this are scrrenshots from the pearl...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast