Hey people, Newbie here to the forum + blackberry admin. Anyway i have a problem ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

steven-king no está en línea Stack level 1

No Send Option

Advertisement

Hey people,

Newbie here to the forum + blackberry admin. Anyway i have a problem with no send option on my blackberry pearl. This is a brand new phone, has os 4.2.1.93, wipe and reloaded, wiped the user off of the bes (which i know is the last option) but anyway this is how i get the problem. I have taken a backup from a 7310 (users old hand set) changed the handsets over with changing sims, assinging a new device on the bes. once this is done it works fine can reply to send msgs etc. Then i restore from the backup to the new pearl. once thats done i get the problem. Ive tried restoring just the messages and folders. tried resending the service books. but no joy. Any idea????????

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: No Send Option

Quote Originally Posted by steven-king View Post
    Hey people,

Newbie here to the forum + blackberry admin. Anyway i have a problem with no send option on my blackberry pearl. This is a brand new phone, has os 4.2.1.93, wipe and reloaded, wiped the user off of the bes (which i know is the last option) but anyway this is how i get the problem. I have taken a backup from a 7310 (users old hand set) changed the handsets over with changing sims, assinging a new device on the bes. once this is done it works fine can reply to send msgs etc. Then i restore from the backup to the new pearl. once thats done i get the problem. Ive tried restoring just the messages and folders. tried resending the service books. but no joy. Any idea????????
    Hi welcome to the Stacks steven-king. The problem is when you transfer the old info back it alters the service books. So try this. Reload the info on the phone and go to options, advanced options, service book, and delete any service books associated with the email. So on BES i believe 2 desktop email and 2 service books for each personal email account. Then go into the set up internet email icon, go to settings and resend you service books for the personal email and follow that up with a resend from the BES to get the work email back. This should get you back in the business of sending. Good luck. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the reply.

That didnt work :-(. so i tried deleting all the service books, and then resending. This puts them all back in but still No Send option to any replied msgs.

I am getting another blackberry pearl in today so I will swap them over to see what happens. This is only happening on one blackberry as ive backed up and restored 10 blackberrys with just one doing this problem.

Will let people know how i get on. Any other ideas for me to try?

Just a quick update.

Got another pearl in today, so i restored the data from the old 7310 on to the pearl. Changed the sim cards over between the faulty pearl and the new one. Attached the new pearl to the users account. Now it has the send option. :-) And with every good story theres a but, the but is tht you cant delete any of the restored data from the 7310. Any ideas?

I have informed the user that they are trying to use the Blackberry as a mail box on a phone, which blackberrys arnt meant for. (could be wrong about that, but i see them as a simple push device for the od quick reply etc, not a full working from home out of the office tool).

Quote Originally Posted by steven-king View Post
    Just a quick update.

Got another pearl in today, so i restored the data from the old 7310 on to the pearl. Changed the sim cards over between the faulty pearl and the new one. Attached the new pearl to the users account. Now it has the send option. :-) And with every good story theres a but, the but is tht you cant delete any of the restored data from the 7310. Any ideas?

I have informed the user that they are trying to use the Blackberry as a mail box on a phone, which blackberrys arnt meant for. (could be wrong about that, but i see them as a simple push device for the od quick reply etc, not a full working from home out of the office tool).
    Is there just no option for delete?

No you get the option, just once you click delete it doesnt delete the msg.

New stuff will delete though?

yep.

This is the closest i could find as a resolution
    Messages are not removed from the BlackBerry device after being deleted

Doc ID : KB04470
    Last Modified : 2007-05-25
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Software
    • BlackBerry device

Problem

When deleting an email message on the BlackBerry device, the email message is not removed.

Cause

The message list index is corrupt. As a result, the operating system of the BlackBerry device cannot reference the message ID and delete the message from the list. A corrupt message list index may also prevent new messages from appearing in the message list, even if they arrive on the BlackBerry device.

Resolution

Complete the following steps to resolve the issue:
    Warning: Clearing the BlackBerry device message database results in a loss of messages on the BlackBerry device.
    1. Back up the BlackBerry device. For instuctions, see KB12487.
    2. Clear the BlackBerry device message database. For instructions, see Step 1 > Option 1 in KB10167.

will try that now and let you know.

Cheers

That didnt work, and now gives the no sending option problem. I am trying one last thing, removing the user from the bes. keeping the handset with the data on and then re creating the user and then attacting the device.

will let you know.

Cheers
    Steve

That didnt work either.

just going to remove all the old emails, keeping the inbox subfolders etc. and the user will then start from fresh. any required emails he can resend to him self and that would give him the msgs again.

Thanks for you help.
    Steve

Just so everyone knows, after i removed the msgs, then deleted the user off the bes. attached the handset. it then started to have problems moving messages to folders.

complete handset wipe and reattached.