i fell asleep with my phone charging. i must've rolled over on it and now ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

No More Charge

Advertisement

i fell asleep with my phone charging. i must've rolled over on it and now the charger doesn't work. prongs are all bent out and it does a clicking noise when i plug in my charger. so basically..my phone is shot! done! dead! finito!

luckly, my roomate also has an 8100...so he charges his batter to 100% and then gives it to me to put on my phone and charges my dead one. thats how i been using my phone. as you can obiously tell...i am now limited to day time use since i cant re charge the battery

im getting a t-mobile 8100 (i have an 8100 with AT&T) and i want to know how to unlock it so i could use my AT&T sim card on it. also, i would like to know if all my apps and games get transfered when i do this. everything was backed up about a week ago..so im guessing everything should go into it. if anyone could clarify this and offer me sum advice or help...that would be greatly appreciated.

thanx

patiently waiting

MrLight460 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31CCF15F
    I have a similar story with my first 8100 for tmo. The first time I ever upgraded the OS I somehow bricked the phone. In a panic state, I got on ebay and paid $450 for an AT&T 8100 unlocked. Within 20 minutes a friend of mine repaired the original that I had GIVEN him. I will never forget that.

Anyway... The new one should backup just fine. As for the unlock procedure someone here should be able to assist you.
    Tim

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If the usb port on your phone is shot, that CAN be replaced -- either by yourself or sent to a repair place.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 12-17-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: s

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by manx driver View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If the usb port on your phone is shot, that CAN be replaced -- either by yourself or sent to a repair place. Search the forums for something like 'bad usb port', and I'm sure you'll find what you need
    Not necessarily. I've got one with a broken connection past the USB port and THAT can ONLY be repaired by replacing the card, which IS the phone. It just happened and I'm not rough at all on my phones! The phone itself looks and works great...except for that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    you can get it unlocked by t-mobile or an unlocking place found on the internet - then just update the new phone to the proper OS and then upload your files back onto your unlocked phone ...happy hunting
    Last edited by jblackfish; 12-17-2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: s

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Not necessarily. I've got one with a broken connection past the USB port and THAT can ONLY be repaired by replacing the card, which IS the phone. It just happened and I'm not rough at all on my phones! The phone itself looks and works great...except for that.
    yeah, mine looks and act good too...just cant make the actual connection to charge and by the looks of it, its not one of those "do it yourself" kind of things. im more than certain that the phone is useless as far as charging it goes. relacing the battery with a fully charged one is helping me out so far... but i cant be bothering ppl to charge my phone using their phone...imagine yourself without your blackberry for 2hours untill it charges and then have to charge another battery...

magellan0547
    you can get it unlocked by t-mobile or an unlocking place found on the internet - then just update the new phone to the proper OS and then upload your files back onto your unlocked phone ...happy hunting

-can i just walk into a t-mobile store and have them do this for me? and usually, how much does this swap go for?

Ekzt1nr, Seidio sells a desktop cradle that you can use to set the phone in and charge that way. (It's how I currently charge mine.) Check it out here. They also make a battery charger here.

No, I don't work for them - I just like their products. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ekzt1nr, Seidio sells a desktop cradle that you can use to set the phone in and charge that way. (It's how I currently charge mine.) Check it out here. They also make a battery charger here.

No, I don't work for them - I just like their products. Good luck.

thats a GREAT product for my situation....wow!!

thanx a lot for the great find.....

Welcome. IF you opt for the battery charger, make sure that you get the correct one. I wouldn't swear that I pointed to the specif one for the 8100.

PIN/ID
    ask
    You did..its for all 81XX models. do wut do I do now about backing up all my stuff? Or adding stuff? Now that the usb port is shot..I'm guessin I'm assed out!?

Or will this product also connect as if it were a usb port?

No. If your USB port is shot, it's shot. Same as on my 8100. Only possibilty is bluetooth and some kind of backup but I haven't figured out how to do it. I had just upgraded to .81 on my Pearl before the USB port went out on minel I guess that's that last OS it'll get. Good luck...and to me too.

I wish one of these creative BB nerds (and I mean that with all the respect I have to offer) would come up with a way to use bluetooth to connect with the desktop manager so we could backup, upgrade, etc.

PIN/ID
    ask
    No. If your USB port is shot, it's shot. Same as on my 8100. Only possibilty is bluetooth and some kind of backup but I haven't figured out how to do it. I had just upgraded to .81 on my Pearl before the USB port went out on minel I guess that's that last OS it'll get. Good luck...and to me too.

I wish one of these creative BB nerds (and I mean that with all the respect I have to offer) would come up with a way to use bluetooth to connect with the desktop manager so we could backup, upgrade, etc.

ahhh man...that really sux to hear...

guess its time for an upgrade.

just a quick FYI....everytime i try to plug in the usb...my phone goes completly black...screen off and i have to do a battery pull to restart it...scared the living -you know wut- out of me...on a good note. the desktop charger should be here by monday. BRIGHT SIDE: im upgrading soon DOWN SIDE: phone will never get its full use again (music, videos, ringtones, etc.)

lol.sux to be my brother..im giving him the phone!! lmao...

DOWN SIDE: phone will never get its full use again (music, videos, ringtones, etc.)
    I know. I've got one in same shape. I'll just keep it and use if in a pinch.

lol.sux to be my brother..im giving him the phone!! lmao...
    I'll just put mine in the box and use it in a pinch - I don't have a brother. lol