I just recently got my blackberry replaced by T-Mobile and I had made a backup ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dreachica no está en línea Stack level 1

No MMS service?

Advertisement

I just recently got my blackberry replaced by T-Mobile and I had made a backup of all my old files from my other blackberry on my computer, and I restored the new one with all the old settings from the old one, and this one won't let me send MMS messages? This is the notification that comes up when I try:

No MMS service. Record, message cannot be sent. You will only be able to send draft

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: No MMS service?

connect your blackberry to your pc and open desktop manager, loader. is 'blackberry attachment service' installed with a checkmark?

also login to your BIS account a resend your service books.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

do you have the MMS service book?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

No i dont have anything special as far as I know. I just had the basics. It worked perfectly before when I got my first phone and now it's all messed up.

I'm not really sure what everything is, so I would really appreciate any help with very direct simple idiot-proof answers lol.

I do have T-Mobile tho and I've been reading that you have to have some data thing for $20 just to use the photo messaging? I have unlimited any kinds of texts, this includes picture messaging, so do I really have to buy this data thing? I hardly use the phone for anything except for my texting, phone, alarm, and calendar, so I def dont need anymore little gadgets in it... pls let me know if anyone knows

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by dreachica View Post
    No i dont have anything special as far as I know. I just had the basics. It worked perfectly before when I got my first phone and now it's all messed up.

I'm not really sure what everything is, so I would really appreciate any help with very direct simple idiot-proof answers lol.

I do have T-Mobile tho and I've been reading that you have to have some data thing for $20 just to use the photo messaging? I have unlimited any kinds of texts, this includes picture messaging, so do I really have to buy this data thing? I hardly use the phone for anything except for my texting, phone, alarm, and calendar, so I def dont need anymore little gadgets in it... pls let me know if anyone knows
    You have to call them up and tell them to register your phone to receive MMS on their network. When you call TMO and it asks you what kind of help you need, just say blackberry and it should send you to the right service rep. At least that's what I had to do initially.
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

i updated to their free software, even tho my phone said it already had it, but i did it anyways and it worked and now i can send the mms messages. I dunno why it did it in the first place if it was that easy, but thank you for all your help!

If anyone has this same problem, just download the update, even if your phone says the software is updated and it might work like it did for me

Motoho no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FFBE5C

I had the same problem on my8100 on TMO still to this day that haven't gotten it fixed?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

call T-mobile and ask for the BlackBerry feature enabler - it allows MMS.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.