I took a picture of the big snow storm that went through Iowa today with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

No Message Services Configured???

Advertisement

I took a picture of the big snow storm that went through Iowa today with my new 8130 and then I tired to email it. When I selected Send As Email a message popped up that said "No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft." What does this mean? How can I configure a message service? Any ideas stackers....

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: No Message Services Configured???

You will need a Blackberry data plan, have you signed up for one?

Then you will need to set it up via PC, usually you can find it on your carriers website.

Yes, I have the unlimited data plan from Verizon. I'm not really sure what to look for. I found a thread that talked about this same problem but it was like reading Greek to me.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Did you sign into your BIS account and setup your email? If you haven't then you need to do that.

EDIT: This is the site

www.blackberry.com/go/vzw
    Last edited by reddog187; 02-07-2008 at 01:44 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

One other thing that may work (and it has for me when I got this) is to just resend the service books. On your BB go to Email Setup>Service Books>Send All.

Thanks you so much reddog187. I signed in and set up my gmail account. Now does this mean that new emails to my account will be forwarded to my phone? I already use the gmail app on my blackberry and I really like that. I don't want to be alerted every time I get a new email. I just want to be able to send pics and get rid of that silly message services alert.

PIN/ID
    STACK

yeah you will get alerted every time you get new emails. That's the whole purpose of blackberrys

Yeah you need BIS to be setup before you can email anything from your BB. So you will have to just silence the alert or just deal with it I guess. Have fun

New question, under service books I have my gmail account listed twice. One with CICAL and the other with CMIME after it. What does this mean? I was able to send the picture without getting the alert but I have two folders on my home screen now that both show new messages.

PIN/ID
    STACK

There is a GENERAL Messages Icon and Icons for each Individual Email Account.

All messages get filtered into the General Messages. PIN messages, Emails, etc.

Then your Individual accounts are seperated if you wish to just look what emails are for those accounts.
    Most BB users have multiple accounts so it's better to just use the general icon.

I just Hide the individual ones and just use the general. Since all other messages get filtered into there anyways.

Everyone has their preferences though.