Just registered here and need a answer quick I got my blackberry 2 days ago, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Stick5391 no está en línea Stack level 1

No memory?

Advertisement

Just registered here and need a answer quick

I got my blackberry 2 days ago, i bought a 1g media card today and put some music on it, but the thing that has me tripped out is i only have like 4 ringtones on the phone, and 2 pics, and my contacts and a few other things on the phone (music on the card) and it says i have 0 free out of 50,462,720 bytes.....

so ummm, whered they go? i did the setup thingy, is there anything i need to do? or need to delete or something to get that memory back? cuz it just said something about "not enough memory space to something" i forget, but it had the hour glass on the homescreen for like 10 mins

Anything i need to do? thanks

PS: the second i clicked post i saw that "how to increase memory" sticky, im reading that now, sorry

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: No memory?

Where are you seeing that you have 0 free? Under Options --> Status, or under Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card?

Did you format the card using Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card, [Menu] Format Card?
    JerryD

Im making progress thanks to that 1 post

I just have one question, where do i go to delete the Preloaded rings and pics and all? I deleted the video, cant delete the pics and rings

sorry for the double post

Thanks

Jdell, it said i had 0 free on my phone, i had alot free on the media card, 0 free on the phone, but i deleted a few things and got some memory back

Unless they're associated with a Theme, I don't believe the preloaded rings and wallpapers can be deleted. They're relatively insignificant anyway!
    JerryD

Haha ok, well it says i have

File Free: 16m bytes
    File Total: 50m bytes

Is that a decent amount to work with? or shud i get more? I dont really know much about this phone, lol, so thats why i come here

That's plenty. I'm running with 10 meg free (and have a TON of programs installed).

Under Options --> Security Options --> General Settings, make sure "Content Compression" is set to Yes. (do NOT turn on Content Protection!).
    JerryD

Ya it was on enabled and protection was on disabled (i guess thats ur yes and no)

One last thing, i finally figured out how to change the txt alert which just, made me feel amazing, but is there any way to set a diff alert to a diff person? Or do they all have to be the same?

Actually, yes you can kind of set up a different alert for specific people or messages.

Assuming you're on BIS, go to your BIS web site, log in, and click the Filter icon to the right of the account you want to work with. Create a filter for a specified person, domain, or subject, click the "Forward messages to device" radio button, and check the box Level 1 notification.

Now, all messages that match the filter will use your "Level 1 Messages" setting rather than that email accounts default settings.

With BES you can also do this on the device under Messages --> Options --> Email Filters. Not sure if that's available with BIS.
    JerryD

Wow thats confusing....

Ima just stick with one tone for now, lol

Thanks for all the help though!