I have a Pearl that "was" on my company BES Server and was locked-down with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2

No Longer Connected - Remove BES Security Lock???

Advertisement

I have a Pearl that "was" on my company BES Server and was locked-down with a password/no downloads allowed etc.

This BB is no longer connected to my corporate BES Server and is my personal property ... I'd now like to use it without a password and be able to download some apps like Google Maps and more.

How do I remove that security lock? I have already done a WIPE DEVICE under security, but the lock is still there??? I'm assuming that the corporate IT must do something to remove it, but I've got a newer support rep and he seems a bit clueless ...

smfa1965 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: No Longer Connected - Remove BES Security Lock???

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Backup what you can and reload OS.

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

The BES admin can lock the device remotely. In case it is lost or stolen they have the ability to password protect it. If you have a corporate password and do not wan to re-install the OS, you'll need the BES admin's support. Sounds like a good time to upgrade to OS 4.2.1.101! I'm using it on my tmobile 8100 with good results. I have heard that they fav 5 thing doesn't work. I don't have that so no big deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bikedogrun
    I have a Pearl that "was" on my company BES Server and was locked-down with a password/no downloads allowed etc.

This BB is no longer connected to my corporate BES Server and is my personal property ... I'd now like to use it without a password and be able to download some apps like Google Maps and more.

How do I remove that security lock? I have already done a WIPE DEVICE under security, but the lock is still there??? I'm assuming that the corporate IT must do something to remove it, but I've got a newer support rep and he seems a bit clueless ...

Quote Originally Posted by smfa1965
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Backup what you can and reload OS.
    I can certainly do this ... just wasn't sure it would remove the lock as I have done an OS Update on the Pearl a month ago (when the lock was on & the Pearl was still connected to BES)) and although the OS was updated ... the lock remained???

/BD

cedrones no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448ba8f

A device wipe/OS upgrade will NOT remove a security policy. Try following these instructions:

http://blackberry.ig3.net/
    The liver is EVIL, it must be PUNISHED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cedrones
    A device wipe/OS upgrade will NOT remove a security policy. Try following these instructions:

http://blackberry.ig3.net/
    Yes, this does indeed do the job!

Thank you ... and for anyone else trying this, be careful to follow the directions exactly and definitely do your backups first!!!

/BD