Ive synced to Google calendar which has annual holidays , but none show up in ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

NO Holidays in BB Calendar!

Advertisement

Ive synced to Google calendar which has annual holidays , but none show up in my bb caldnedar after syncing Regular events sync OK. I had the same issue when I synced to OUtlook as well. Again HOlidays in OUtlook, but none in Calendar. Not clear whats going on here. Appreciate any input.
    Thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Outlook worked fine for me, did you check your options for the sync and made sure it was for both ways?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had that problem when I first had my pearl. As suggested maked sure your options are checked correctly. Restart your berry; take both sim/battery out. Sync properly. Do you have google sync? Do it through the phone. Pc sometimes becomes a pain in the neck. if you don't have U.S. Holidays in your regular google calendar, add it. Sync but make sure your holiday profile's checked and that it is in fact getting loaded. If not remove google pack from your phone; reinstall and do the syncing. That's all I can say for now. Good luck!

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Reading this I just checked my calendar and I noticed as well that all my yearly events didn't sync from google calendar to my 8320... Hmm...

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    i am trying to find the application in the software section, but can't seem to locate it. It will be a while until I am at a computer to conduct a search of the site. I would appreciate if someone could let me know the app name to get the holidays to show up on my BB calander. Thanks in advance. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by dmchance View Post
    i am trying to find the application in the software section, but can't seem to locate it. It will be a while until I am at a computer to conduct a search of the site. I would appreciate if someone could let me know the app name to get the holidays to show up on my BB calander. Thanks in advance. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Follow raton's advice in post #3. Get the google sync for google calendar.

I tried to do that, but it did not work for me. I guess I am too much of a "noob" at BB operating systems and technology to do this properly. I am going to give it up! To make matters worse, I lost 3 months of appointments and important information stored on the BB calender. Anyone know how to get back the lost data or am I just out of luck? Also is there something I can do in the future to back this information up? I do not have DM set up on the computer.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Well one way would be to get desktop manager then, just backup everyonce in awhile, or after major additions or changes to your bb.

OK. Finally got holidays to sync with BB calendar. Still missing all the data that was contained in the calendar for the last 3 months. Is this just one of those lessons I had to learn the hardway or is there a way to fix my mess up?

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Unless you have a backup of your data by using the utility in the Desktop Manager then you may be out of luck.

If you synced to Outlook or maybe some other software then you may have it, but if not you just learned the hardway....sorry Also keep in mind there are settings in the Options of your calendar to keep your appointments for a certain length of time.

The Lesson here: Backup your Berry

Let us know if you have any other questions.

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3
    Lost this thread, so sorry I havent weighed in again. This problem showed up both with google syn and Outlook. Both synced events etc fine, just hiolidays dont show up on the bb. Are in both Outlook and Google.
    I on BIS 1x with us celullar. Slow but it works quite well.