Since I've upgraded to the new AT&T OS (I'm on TMO), I have no been ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

No E-Mails to Handheld

Advertisement

Since I've upgraded to the new AT&T OS (I'm on TMO), I have no been receiving e-mails to my handheld.

If I log on MyTMobile, it doesn't say there is a problem with my email set-ups there.

I re-registered with the network, and tried to resend service books. It pops up "Service Books Were Successfully Sent"...but I normally get a message on the handheld for each email account I have set up saying something about "Activation" and I don't receive any of those messages.

Any help? Thanks.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: No E-Mails to Handheld

anyone?! this is really getting on my nerves not being able to get my emails!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

tec - is the internet working?

did you try deleting the email accounts and re-adding them? i know, a pain, but might solve it

PIN/ID
    Retired

yeah - internet, jivetalk, tzones, etc. are all working.

ahhh...i didn't think about deleting and re-adding. too bad i have 8 accounts!! i think i'll try one first! haha.

thanks for the suggestion cherrichiodo...always helpful. (can't believe you can concentrate enough to answer threads through the anticipation for tomorrow! haha)

i'll post back to let you know if it works. thanks again.

PIN/ID
    Retired

ok...deleted one account. it confirmed delete. i then setup the same account. it didn't send me a confirmation email to the handheld like it normally does...and then i sent an email to that account, and it didn't shoot to my pearl.

i don't get it! weird that even when i resend my service books, i don't get any of the email activation confirmations like i normally do.

any other suggestions?!

PIN/ID
    ATA

how are you sending these emails? try sending an email from the bb...see if you get an error. if no message services are config (i.e. u lost em during the upgrade - its happened to me) then you will get an error.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Message Status: Transaction Error - failure at service.

So it didn't send. What do I do to fix? (please say I don't have to re-upgrade OS haha)

PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    if no message services are config (i.e. u lost em during the upgrade - its happened to me) then you will get an error.
    and if i go to options > advanced > message services -- next to Messenging (CMIME), the pulldown box has all my email accounts, too. ??

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    One thing to try is to send service books from your handheld through your "setup internet email" and then try going to options, advanced options, select Host routing table, then hit menu key and select "register now"

What happens when you do those 2 things?
    Any luck?

PIN/ID
    ATA

ok!! found this! thanks HAYDEN

first, i'd delete the service books and resend...not just resend, but delete and resend

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_service.html

PIN/ID
    Retired

deleted my services books for my emails. went into mytmobile and sent them again. got the pop-up "service books have been successfully sent" - but again, nothing came to the handheld. didn't get the "activation successful" messages and the new service books don't show up under my service books.

not sure which of the remaining "causes" apply to me...
    • temporary network issue
    • insufficient BlackBerry Enterprise Server access to the user’s Lotus Notes mail file
    • corrupt or out of date service book
    • new or modified IT Policy
    • insufficient permissions on the Exchange server for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account
    not a temp network issue, bc it's been happening for a few days. not on BES. corrupt/out of date service books - thats the resolution i tried. and the last two - again, not on BES.

so i'm guessing thats the only that that i can do. ?!?! would calling tmo and asking them to resend be any different than me logging on and resending myself (and it saying that they were sent?)

thanks again for all the help!!

PIN/ID
    ATA

sorry...fell off for a second there

did you install DM recently?

PIN/ID
    Retired

yes, i have. but that's not it. i sucked it up feeing defeated and called tmobile, and they got it.

forgot to mention that i had a handheld exchange a couple days ago. i had emails coming on the new handheld, so i didn't think that was a major detail...but it was.

they forgot to switch my service books to the new PIN. so whenever i would resent the service books, they were going to the old handheld. they said my emails were coming at the very beginning because the service books were recognized for a while before they got out of date - if that makes sense.

so he switched the pin over, and resent service books and i'm GOOOOOOD! 29 emails shot through...haha.

thank you so much cherri (again!) i know if i ever have a problem, you will be trying to help me!

(bonus note from calling tmo: unlock code for my new pearl being sent )

PIN/ID
    ATA

^^ nice one

ja know, you can switch the pin yourself in your account

have a great weekend!!

PIN/ID
    Retired

i did not know. that an option in mytmobile?

he was surprised that i didn't get an alert when i logged in to ask me to switch the pin over.

you too! and have fun on the cruise!! check out the list on saturday, you may have service!! i'm going to test a new page to see if i can get it to show up better on the pearl's browser.