Hi, I have a serious problem that I have no idea what to try to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

velgias no está en línea Stack level 1

No data connection from 3rd party applications

Advertisement

Hi, I have a serious problem that I have no idea what to try to solve it. I have a balckberry pearl 8120 with Wind (in Italy) and I have a data plan.
    The blackberry browser works perfectly. I can surf and download anything I want
    without a problem.

The problem is that no other application can use the data connection. For instance, I installed Google maps, and it says that it requires a data connection (it starts downloading the agreement, but never finishes).
    I installed Opera mini, but the same problem. Apparently it cannot connect anywhere. Only the blackberry browser works perfectly.

I have already opened all the permissions of Opera and Gmaps to allow everything but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

-y

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    First, are you an a BES?

You probably need to set the TCP/APN Paramaters. If you can't find your provider here, you'll need to get them from your carrier.

To get to the APN settings, on your BlackBerry go to Options --> Advanced Options --> TCP.

From the looks of it, you need to set your APN to "internet.wind" (without quotes), and leave the username and password fields blank.

If that doesn't work, call the carrier.
    JerryD

velgias no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks Jerry. I am not on a BES. I am using generic data plan.
    And the APN settings are correct since as I said the Blackberry browser works fine.
    I can connect to any site I want, search on google etc.
    But any other application that needs a data connection, fails.
    No idea what the problem might be.