I am having a problem where my calendar events aren't alerting me when I set ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ccjjr59 no está en línea Stack level 2

no calendar events popup

Advertisement

I am having a problem where my calendar events aren't alerting me when I set them to alert 30 mins before.

Also does anyone ever have the problem where you try to type in a text box and it types a few letters and then moves the cursor down the page and sometimes goes back a page from hitting some keys.

I had this problem with both the 1st and latest t mobile software version.
    Last edited by ccjjr59; 11-21-2007 at 02:22 AM.

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D
    I would try a re-boot. take out your battery for 20-30 seconds amd put back in. See if that helps. Do you have your calender options set to remind you? How about in profiles you have that set to vibrate or tone?
    Blackberry 8100 Pearl
    PIN#:204B9B8D
    Yahoo Messenger ID:tony597fitter

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

cbyard05 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E506F6
    I'm having the same issue with my phone as well. I get notified via tone, vibrate or LED with every other application on my phone. However, if I input a calendar event myself or when I syn it with Lotus Notes, it will not remind me. I have the reminder set for 30 min prior, snooze for 10 min. and still nothing. I recently did a hard reset (2 days ago) but still nothing has changed. Any input regarding this matter would be MUCH appreciated.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Re: no calendar events popup

I have actually had this problem with my 8700 for a while. The only time I ever get calendar alerts is when I reset my phone. I then get all past alerts at once.

Anyone?
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

Ace-Files no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had my 8300 for about a week now and love it. Recently, it dawned on me that it never-ever alerted me to any of my calender appointments. I did a hard-reset and so far, so good. I don't know what else to recommend. Anyone else have any ideas?

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

My Phone has been reset plenty of times in its life as my BB and the problem maintains.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

metalgoose5 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've been having the same problem on my verizon 8830... Very frustrating. How do you do a hard reset? Will I lose any information/data on my bb?

sleepdoc no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have been having the same problem with no alerts on my calander. I would love to hear if anyone has a solution

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cbyard05
    I'm having the same issue with my phone as well. I get notified via tone, vibrate or LED with every other application on my phone. However, if I input a calendar event myself or when I syn it with Lotus Notes, it will not remind me. I have the reminder set for 30 min prior, snooze for 10 min. and still nothing. I recently did a hard reset (2 days ago) but still nothing has changed. Any input regarding this matter would be MUCH appreciated.
    Same here but with Outlook (not that it would matter) on a Curve. A soft reset didn't help and everything is set correctly in the Calendar appt, Options, and Profiles. I'll look around more before I do the hard reset/wipe option and repost if I find anything.

mellis2718 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218255b2

Here is what to do. Hook your BB to Laptop, open DM. Do a sync and backup. Then remove calendar completely. Then do a sync. Viola!

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Apparently this is a bug in early versions of the 4.2.2 OS. The fix is to download a patch or upgrade the entire OS to a later version. See www dot blackberry dot com/select/calendarPatch2007/ and especially www dot blackberry dot com/CalendarPatch/patch/index2.shtml#user for details.

I was running 4.2.2.89 on an AT&T Curve and downloaded the patch (I think you have to use the Blackberry browser - I did) from www dot blackberry dot com/CalendarPatch/patch/index.shtml. The Curve did a soft reset afterwards and now reminders are working perfectly.

Sorry for the funky links but the forum's antispam checks are preventing me (as a level 1 member) from posting proper urls.

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2

This worked for me:

Remove the personal email account service book for the CICAL sync.

On the BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Books...

Delete all but one BlackBerry Internet Service [CICAL] service books (each integration will have an integration named service book, such as <BlackBerry Internet Service integration_name>[CICAL].

Don't delete your BES one - I had cingular.blackberry and gmail ones which I deleted and all is now alerting and I still get all emails...
    OB - 8310 AT&T