Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge The BB ftr can take some time to activate on the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tishswan no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: no browser and no bis option

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    The BB ftr can take some time to activate on the carrier side of things. Do you have EDGE,edge, GSM or whatever it actually is that alltel has? After the HRT have you pulled the battery? IF not i would suggest to try the HRT then pull the battery out and replace and see if the BB internet browsing service book comes in. If not then i would call Alltel and make sure it is activated on the network side of things. Hope it helps.
    i have pulled the battery also...nothing changes then either. heh. :s

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Ok I talked to a buddy who works for Sprint which is also a CDMA carrier and he says you have a full data connection due to having 1XEV.

well...that's a good sign!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Sounds like something is missing on the back end then. On T-mobile we have to get the account at least registered at t-mobile.com so the device will display the TOS agreement in the set up mail, you did mention an issue with your online acces to Alltell account, so it sounds like a call to them is in order.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    Sounds like something is missing on the back end then. On T-mobile we have to get the account at least registered at t-mobile.com so the device will display the TOS agreement in the set up mail, you did mention an issue with your online acces to Alltell account, so it sounds like a call to them is in order.
    yea, i think either way something is amiss here. i just don't understand why i was only given the choice of using a BES in the setup of my device. why wasn't the BIS choice even listed? i would think the option would have been there anyway regardless if it worked in the end or not.

i really don't want to regret the switch to alltel. i can log into my account manager, but sometimes it will not log me in the first time and it will aske me for a username, password, and pin.

thanks for the suggestions. i hope to get this figured out by the end of the day so i can get my new addiction underway.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by tishswan View Post
    yea, i think either way something is amiss here. i just don't understand why i was only given the choice of using a BES in the setup of my device. why wasn't the BIS choice even listed? i would think the option would have been there anyway regardless if it worked in the end or not.

i really don't want to regret the switch to alltel. i can log into my account manager, but sometimes it will not log me in the first time and it will aske me for a username, password, and pin.

thanks for the suggestions. i hope to get this figured out by the end of the day so i can get my new addiction underway.
    I hope so too, THe reason the BIS option is missing is the phone is missing Service Boooks, this is why the Browser is missing too. These are like device drivers for the blackberry, and save server information. Once one works both should. On Altells site do yu have to chose the type of phone you have? We have to on T-mobile and once the Site sees it things usally start working
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

I hope so too, THe reason the BIS option is missing is the phone is missing Service Boooks, this is why the Browser is missing too. These are like device drivers for the blackberry, and save server information. Once one works both should. On Altells site do yu have to chose the type of phone you have? We have to on T-mobile and once the Site sees it things usally start working

yea there is a place where you choose it, but the only things the site lists by it are links to user guides and stuff i have already accessed. these things don't seem to be very descriptive. like the alltel step by step guide...lol.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

LOL, well.... that kind of puts us back to calling them and asking WTF. I is a bummer when the new toy is not fully working right away. Keep us posted
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

LOL, well.... that kind of puts us back to calling them and asking WTF. I is a bummer when the new toy is not fully working right away. Keep us posted

i know it is a bummer! i read all these fantastic reviews and was all excited about the voice dial and the suretype and the apps. *sigh*

regardless, the phone functionality and everything works as far as i know though i have not tried the camera. it's still an improvement over my 8200 sanyo even though i rarely had a complaint with my sanyo either other than it would freeze once in a blue moon...one time it even called someone and i wasn't even touching it.

and i will keep you posted.
    Last edited by tishswan; 02-29-2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: added something.

Smile Re: no browser and no bis option

problem fixed! i now have full blackberry capabilities! i guess the wrong number was typed in for my data plan and that is why i was not getting anything. it literally took two minutes for customer service to fix the problem.

thank you all for your suggestions.

LaBomba no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by tishswan View Post
    problem fixed! i now have full blackberry capabilities! i guess the wrong number was typed in for my data plan and that is why i was not getting anything. it literally took two minutes for customer service to fix the problem.

thank you all for your suggestions.
    Where did you find this number on your phone?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

if i know what you are talking about...try this lol

menu>options>status
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBomba View Post
    Where did you find this number on your phone?
    it wasn't a number found in my phone, i think it was in the computer system for alltel or blackberry or something like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12