Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi all. i am new to smartphones and the bb community after weeks of drooling ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tishswan no está en línea Stack level 1

no browser and no bis option

Advertisement

hi all. i am new to smartphones and the bb community after weeks of drooling over the bb pearl. however, my excitement quickly diminished yesterday upon getting the device home and setting up my online alltel account. i then went through the setup on the device as instructed, in order to set up a bb email. there was no bis option...only the bes option which i don't need.

next, i came to realize there was no browser icon, hidden or visible unless i chose the 'switch to' option in the menu, and no service books. whenever i try logging in to the bb page for alltel, it says i have the wrong password, or that my device is registered to a different carrier. whenever i try to get it to send me my password, i get nothing or i get the same text from alltel with the code from my earlier registration process. i know i am registered for a smart plan. i have tried the hrt thing on the device, and i get another text message everytime i do this that tells me my bb device is now registered.

i am so confused. it seems there are so many things missing from my device or something. i spent hours trying to figure this out and researching. when it comes to things like this, i can usually get it eventually, but this time i can't. has all of this happened to anyone else? any idea why there's no bis option? it seems that might be the root of the problem...but why can't i get alltel's bb page to work either??

i'll be going back to alltel this afternoon i think, but any input would still be very much appreciated!

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: no browser and no bis option

Hi Welcome to the stacks. It sounds like you don't have a data plan with your carrier. the browser and email setup wont work till it talks to the BB Server. If you have a data plan then the service books need to be resent. You also must have EDGE or GPRS under the siganl meter to show full connection.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ What kind of smart plan are you registered for? Is it a BlackBerry Internet Service plan?

i'm registered for the MyCircle5 Smart Pack 500...when you buy a smart device, they only offer the smart plans and they say in my account manager thing it is for blackberry...

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by tishswan View Post
    i'm registered for the MyCircle5 Smart Pack 500...when you buy a smart device, they only offer the smart plans and they say in my account manager thing it is for blackberry...

Not sure about AT&T, Does it show EDGE or GPRS under the signal meter?
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ She has AllTel not AT&T. I'm not sure about AllTel but your plan should say something about BlackBerry Internet Service.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ She has AllTel not AT&T. I'm not sure about AllTel but your plan should say something about BlackBerry Internet Service.

Good catch I missed it being Alltel. LOL Same boat though I don't know Chad's system either!
    But we need to know if she has EDGE or not,
    Last edited by pda.teck; 02-29-2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Damn spelling
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

i see 1xEV under the signal meter.....

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

PS Tish... Welcome to the stacks! Sorry I get caught up in Fixing and forget to say hi
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Try this then, Hit Menu form the main screen and got to Options>Advanced Options>Host routing table> Look for a Line of text in bold> Highlight the text>hit the menu key and select register now, and see if it registers.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    PS Tish... Welcome to the stacks! Sorry I get caught up in Fixing and forget to say hi
    thanks by the way!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

hi all. i am new to smartphones and the bb community after weeks of drooling over the bb pearl. however, my excitement quickly diminished yesterday upon getting the device home and setting up my online alltel account. i then went through the setup on the device as instructed, in order to set up a bb email. there was no bis option...only the bes option which i don't need.

next, i came to realize there was no browser icon, hidden or visible unless i chose the 'switch to' option in the menu, and no service books. whenever i try logging in to the bb page for alltel, it says i have the wrong password, or that my device is registered to a different carrier. whenever i try to get it to send me my password, i get nothing or i get the same text from alltel with the code from my earlier registration process. i know i am registered for a smart plan. i have tried the hrt thing on the device, and i get another text message everytime i do this that tells me my bb device is now registered.

i am so confused. it seems there are so many things missing from my device or something. i spent hours trying to figure this out and researching. when it comes to things like this, i can usually get it eventually, but this time i can't. has all of this happened to anyone else? any idea why there's no bis option? it seems that might be the root of the problem...but why can't i get alltel's bb page to work either??

i'll be going back to alltel this afternoon i think, but any input would still be very much appreciated!
    The BB ftr can take some time to activate on the carrier side of things. Do you have EDGE,edge, GSM or whatever it actually is that alltel has? After the HRT have you pulled the battery? IF not i would suggest to try the HRT then pull the battery out and replace and see if the BB internet browsing service book comes in. If not then i would call Alltel and make sure it is activated on the network side of things. Hope it helps.

PIN/ID
    210DAC53

thanks by the way!

You are most Welcome to be sure!

Eddie Is right about the activation time, 2 to 48 hours is the common statment, but it usally works with in 2 hours, the battery pull is a good Idea!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    Try this then, Hit Menu form the main screen and got to Options>Advanced Options>Host routing table> Look for a Line of text in bold> Highlight the text>hit the menu key and select register now, and see if it registers.
    i've done that a few times and i always get a message that says 'your handheld device has been registered with the wireless network.'

that's it though. nothing else happens. it's like my device is acknowledged but they don't want to share their info with my device. lol.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Ok I talked to a buddy who works for Sprint which is also a CDMA carrier and he says you have a full data connection due to having 1XEV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast