Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some of the e-mails I am receiving on my blackberry are not displaying the body ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spasm321 no está en línea Stack level 2

No Body Text of E-mails

Advertisement

Some of the e-mails I am receiving on my blackberry are not displaying the body of the text. Any Ideas? My inbox is completely empty, my memory is pretty good and it varies on which e-mail. Any ideas?

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: No Body Text of E-mails

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I assume you are on a BES connected to Load*ss Bloats/Domino. This is a known issue with the latest version of Domino in that it does not handle Rich Text or HTML properly. If the sender send their message as plain text it should work. If this is your issue the only solutiond I know are to either downgrade to an older version of Domino or to upgrade to something like Outlook 98 or later.

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I assume you are on a BES connected to Load*ss Bloats/Domino. This is a known issue with the latest version of Domino in that it does not handle Rich Text or HTML properly. If the sender send their message as plain text it should work. If this is your issue the only solutiond I know are to either downgrade to an older version of Domino or to upgrade to something like Outlook 98 or later.
    What? I am using BIS and i have no clue what Domino and I have not used Outlook again. So either I do not understand what you're trying to explain to me or I do not think it applies.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Are you getting anything in the bodies? Like squares or symbols?

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I get the same thing sometimes. It is a blank message from nobody and it has nothing in the message.

Well its from somebody and it has a subject but the body text is just blank. No text or symbols or nothing.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Weird....this hasn't happened to me yet. *crosses fingers* Every time I say that it happens to me.

Is it from a particular address or is it a few different addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Weird....this hasn't happened to me yet. *crosses fingers* Every time I say that it happens to me.

Is it from a particular address or is it a few different addresses?
    From one address, but some of the e-mails work and some of them don't... I've deleted and re-added it. I just keep deleting messages as they come and it seems to work kind of...

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Although I'm not familiar with your situation I still have to wonder if the sender is on Lotus Notes.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

I've seen this issue if the sender encrypts the message; you will see a subject but no txt in the message body

tmotechgrl no está en línea Stack level 2

Are you sure it is from an Email address and not from another Mobile? There is a known issue with the Pearl that sometimes it will receive blank mms. Also you mentioned that they are disappearing as the come in, which is also a known issue but this one is fixable, check out the 'sticky' thread called How to stop disappearing sms/mms/email etc

BerryAddict no está en línea Stack level 1

We have been experiencing the same problem since RIM performed their recent upgrade over this past weekend. We've finally determined that if we change the format of the emails being sent from our corporate mail server from Rich Text Format to plain text, the Blackberry users see the body of the email now. It's worth mentioning that half of our users are BIS users through a variety of providers (Verizon, Sprint, Nextel, etc) and the other half use a Hosted BES service. We did not experience this problem with the BES users. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've got the same thing with my daily newspaper Newsletter since they switched their server

maureen1970 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2439607A
    I've noticed that when I get replies from people using yahoo mail I don't get their mesage but only my original email. It started about a week ago. It's been driving me crazy. i keep clearing my event log and doing battery pulls. Does not seem to help.

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

I am having the same problem but very random. Sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't. It is definately something with yahoo. It happens no matter what account they reply to (aim, yahoo or hotmail).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast