Hey all, First post on here, just got my first BB a couple days ago, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dpx420 no está en línea Stack level 2

No BB messenger logo + can't dl it..

Advertisement

Hey all,

First post on here, just got my first BB a couple days ago, so just a quick hello to everyone.. Hi!

Now on to my problem..(pearl8100)
    I do not have the BB messenger logo in my menu, and when I go to download it off of blackberry.com/messenger or wherever it sends me it tells me that my os does not support the program (Currently have v4.2.1.109 (Platform 2.3.0.85) installed) and wont let me install.. tells me to use desktop manager to install it, so I installed desktop manager and still cant find it anywhere to manually install this way either.

Any ideas? (I used the forum search already and didn't find anything that seemed to be of help =/)

Thanks in advance,

D

m.vit no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try using the application manager or however its called, there should be an option there

I've tried using the desktop manager, it doesnt show up anywhere in there.
    when I try to dl it off bb messenger website through my pc with BB hooked up I get the error message,

"Unsupported Device

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger for Software Versions 4.0 and 4.1."

and it wont let me dl it without the bb being hooked up..

anyone have an idea?

D

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~have you installed the os onto your pc. If not install it and using application loader you should see the option for it.

How do I go about installing the OS on my pc? Sorry still a BB n00b... I'll give it a try when I get home, thanks greenandgold52! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Download the version of the OS you have on your BB which you should be able to find on your carriers website. After you download it, run the "Setup" program and it will install it to your PC and you can do what has been stated above.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Couldn't find the same os so used this one.. Apparently I downgraded? Does this version make any difference from what I had posted in the OP?

BlackBerry™ 8100
    Wireless Handheld (EDGE)
    v4.2.1.94 (Platform 2.3.0.77)

Also by doing as suggested with this os I was able to get BB messenger installed so thank you guys for your help, ill try it out tmw.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BB messenger works fine, thanks again for the replies and help!

So about my OS downgrade.. Was it a big deal going from the 2 I used?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~