I was searching for info on the 5.0 Pearl OS and came across this--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/blac...-5-0-a-324718/ ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question No 5.0 Pearl OS??

Advertisement

I was searching for info on the 5.0 Pearl OS and came across this-->http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/blac...-5-0-a-324718/

i HIGHLY doubt that the pearl is incapable for 5.0 OS... it is stated in the posted thread above that the pearl doesn't have enough memory to support this OS.. What are your thoughts on this???
    Whats The Matter???
    Can't You See I'm WORKING Here!!!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I haven't seen any versions of 5.0 for the Pearl. I would be very surprised to see it on any of the current Pearl's, with the exception of the Flip and even that I doubt. I've heard rumors of a Pearl 2 in the works, but nothing solid.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

BBqwest no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was surprised by 5.0 for the curve 8330 so ya never know?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I downgraded from 5.0 on my 8330 because of memory issues and the 8330 has 96mb memory vs the 64mb on earlier curves and pearls....I don't see them functioning on it at all. You would have to remove all 3rd party apps, themes, and Dr. the OS by removing VAD etc. and it would probably still crawl slower than a slug. But hey, what do I know? Maybe they are working on a slimmed down version for earlier devices....it would really surprise me though.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Ask
    When I put .238 on my 8900, I used Shrink-An-OS to remove useless junk from the install. I managed to trim it down from close to 90mb to about 58mb. It looks like 5.0 is going to be a much larger OS then the previous versions, so as Az stated, I just don't see them cramming it onto a Pearl.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

Now, shrink an os removed tons of .cods from the folder like vendor themes and more that never actually load on the BB anyway, but it's an easy way to get rid of .vad, unwanted media, etc. if you don't want to pick through the .cod folder yourself. So it removed 32 mb of stuff from the folder, but the larger portion of that would not have ended up on the BB anyway. But even so, no way you could run that shrunk down 58 mb OS on a device with only 64....just not enough breathing room. That's just the OS with contacts, emails, memos...yikes
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Now, shrink an os removed tons of .cods from the folder like vendor themes and more that never actually load on the BB anyway, but it's an easy way to get rid of .vad, unwanted media, etc. if you don't want to pick through the .cod folder yourself. So it removed 32 mb of stuff from the folder, but the larger portion of that would not have ended up on the BB anyway. But even so, no way you could run that shrunk down 58 mb OS on a device with only 64....just not enough breathing room. That's just the OS with contacts, emails, memos...yikes
    I usually remove the default games, wallpapers, videos, etc., and of course the VAD. Can't stand the built-in one. I asked it to call my buddy Seth once and it dialed Domino's Pizza.
    How to upgrade your OS

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I'm also waiting on a 5.0 version for the 8130, I have a couple customers asking me about it... as well as wanting to load it to my two old 8130's, I hope the Pearl isn't left out of the 5.0 love... oh and on a side note... I'm using 5.0 on my 8330 no issues, I have about 7 themes loaded (non-today GRRR) and about 10 apps loaded... no memory issues or lagging... go figure?

I have over 20 apps on my 8330, some of them are very resource intensive. I gave up a bunch of them to try to accomodate 5.0 but missed them too much

lat_05_69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    To tell the truth I don't really think rim gives a hoot about 81xx models anymore... Kinda puts me under the weather... I don't like the tiny keys on the larger model BB's
    Posted via smartphone