Hello Everyone, Great site you have here..I am a previous windows mobile, and Iphone user ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

manwayvan no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie with some ?'s

Advertisement

Hello Everyone,
    Great site you have here..I am a previous windows mobile, and Iphone user who decided to dive head first and check out what all the buzz is about with the blackberries. I am getting use to the device more and more each day but there are things I am still lacking. I am the kind of person who likes to mod and personalize like crazy..However my dilegent search are leaving me empty handed..Where are all the Operator codes, I constantly use *#06# just because I need that urge to see whats under the surface of the device..Does anyone know any modding, carrier codes, awsome freeware for these things...I want to do everything possible with this device but the OS is new to me and it seems like there is not much support on hacking of this phone..Also I was shocked that I found out I could not run any of the bluesniffing or other bluetooth java tools on this phone..I know the blackberries are suppose to be secure and all but these files are java midlets and blackberries have bluetooth so whats the deal? Since pretty much all other phones on the market are sitting ducks when it comes to security shouldnt the blackberries be able to control all other phones and show people how awsome these blackberries are suppose to be..Well sorry to ramble and thanks for the awsome place to find support..Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carrier: At&t

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Newbie with some ?'s

not sure about all the Operator Codes, modding and such....but search the forums and download sections to find the right app for you, there are plenty of FREE apps that'll certainly make your Phone more enjoyable......

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well first off BBs are modifiable but to a certain extent. Unlocking certain vendors themes, and a few other things.

BBs will never be as modifiable as WM devices. Just troll through the threads and you'll start picking up on stuff. Just start with unlocking the themes.

With bluetooth there's an extra step of security. You have to pair with any device you want to communicate to. And also the step of sending/receiving visa bluetooth. So NONE of the bluejacking stuff is possible. Better for us. there's a reason why corporations use these devices exclusively.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

hacking, bluesniffing,sitting ducks,and security......that makes me nervous. The BB is one of the most secure phones on the market, and it's for a reason. You can do some modding of themes and apps but thats about it.

manwayvan no está en línea Stack level 1

Yah thats what I have been reading. I just find that the performance of the processor in some situations is not up to par for me..I dont keep messages or phone logs, I have deleted the warning log using the ALt L,G,L,G and have removed all of the un needed apps and langs..But I still get the taughnting hour glass all the time..I just wish there was an overclocker or more ways to boost up the performance..Don't get me wrong im glad that blackberry isnt like wm devices but I assumed that as long as a device has an OS then there will be Hackablility
    Blackberry Pearl
    Carrier: At&t

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Keep in mind it has a faster processor than many of the wm decices out there. There are tips to enhancing it just like anything else, it just takes a while. Read up like they said above, keep posting as questions arise andf you'll learn a lot. Just like any pda phone a good rule of thumb is delete what you don't need, save what you can on sd card, and reboot often

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Hello, Welcome to PinStack!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1