My first post I go to sport message boards on the web a lot and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

DeliDave no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie to forum and BB - Couple of ?

Advertisement

My first post

I go to sport message boards on the web a lot and now love to go there with my phone - My ? is when I go to say "Live stats/score links" - I can never get the live stats or scoeboard to come up. My browser through blackberry and cingular/AT&T works fine.

AT&T EDGE network
    Software on phone is v4.2.0.73(platform 2.2.0.41)

Also - I downloaded radio bee to be able to listen to internet ballgames while away from my computer... I downloaded to first version v1.1m.... I can get 2 of the preloaded links to work but have not been able too add any news stations to the playlist. Any suggestions? I have read some threads about this subject on their site - but it is all so new to me!

TIA - DeliDave

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Newbie to forum and BB - Couple of ?

welcome to the stacks delidave

the site that you are trying to get live scores from, is it a wap site? maybe check into mobile friendly/wap sites that will give you live scores plenty of sports junkies in here that could help with that question

there is a thread in here some where that lists all the radiobee working stations...user added. lemme see if i can find it

adelina no está en línea Stack level 2

Have you tried the opera mini browser? I use that to check my game scores and it seems to work well.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Radiobee - List of Working Stations <--- i believe this is the thread cherrichiodo is referring to

Note: some were added quite a while ago, so they ALL might not be working still, but there are definitely plenty to try out and see what works; i know there are a couple ESPN radio's on there, one from Indy that still works for me.

Also, someone (sorry I forget who) in some thread (sorry I forget where, maybe the given link above) found some good settings that help the stations come in even better...I believe they are:

chunck size: 1024
    buffer size: 10000
    debug level 1
    min play 8000
    timeout 1 1000
    timeout 2 1000
    buffer type: basic
    and "no" for the rest

Hope all this helps you out!
    Last edited by tecrishon; 05-18-2007 at 04:34 PM.

DeliDave no está en línea Stack level 1

If you install opera mini browser - can you still have the bb browser if something goes "wrong"?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yes...they will both be there