ok before i had a blackjack 2, unlocked for tmobile. well, the keyboard never types ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saoxcore no está en línea Stack level 1

newbie that has a handful of questions

Advertisement

ok before i had a blackjack 2, unlocked for tmobile. well, the keyboard never types the keys i press, and all the pictures i get sent to me or itty bitty, and i mean SMALL!!!! so i decided to go on craigslist and get a pearl since they're cheaper and smaller than the curve. but since ive never owned a blackberry, im not used to a layout thats not windows mobile.

1) the phone has some programs on it i can tell...the trackball can change into 7 dif colors as i choose, and also an iphone theme is installed. however, the person has a TON of contacts, and possibly other things on this phone. id kind of like to hard reset, but i dont want to lose these two cool applications she put on the phone. i think i know where to find the ihpone theme, but what about the trackball? or is there a simple way to just delete all the contacts at once?

2) for my blackjack id make ringtones, and then upload them on my phone and use them. where do i put the ringtone file in the folder, on my computer to use it on my phone?

3) i know how to select different ringtones, but how do i select sounds for other things? such as when i receive a text message? i can only seem to set a sound as a ringtone.. also, is there anyway to make the vibrate..vibrate more than once? like multiple times?

4) is there anyway to make the volume on the pearl louder? like some sort of hack to change it?

5) any helpful sites that have good themes/applications??

6)is there a way to make the screen light up when i get a new text message? right now all it does is vibrate.

thanks for the help in advance, and sorry if these questions have been answered before... i have six questions so i really couldnt imagine the time id be spending using the search button.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452 this link will provide you with the means to wipe your phone. (Last Resort) You will lose everything, but Iphone theme and colorpearl can be found on PinStack.

Not sure how the blackjack works, I have a program called MiniRingtones that sends the ringtone directly to my phone which can be accessed in a number of ways. (1) phone profiles then advanced and it will give you a list of programs and in those programs you can choose what's installed for ringtones for each application such as email, level 1 messages, sms, yahoo etc. In contacts you can also access ringtones to set for a certain number.

The volume is what it is as far as I know

You can have it vibrate, ring or your colorball light up on a text but I don't think so on lighting up the screen

And actually the search on this site will usually lead you to a quick solution or suggestions on solving problems

Good luck hope this helped

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Welcome to blackberry

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Welcome to the Stacks! Enjoy your Pearl. CMangum seems to have handled your questions.
    Let us know if you have any more

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    3) i know how to select different ringtones, but how do i select sounds for other things? such as when i receive a text message? i can only seem to set a sound as a ringtone.. also, is there anyway to make the vibrate..vibrate more than once? like multiple times?

Go to your Profiles icon and scroll down to advanced. Hit the menu and then choose edit. There you will see a list of your alerts and when you choose one, you can change to tone.vibrate or a ringtone that you have on the phone and also you can choose the loudness for them under volume, low, med, hi, escalating. Give that a try

juniperberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Welcome, these guys are so helpful, I've solved nearly all my issues with apps loading and removing and moving things around just by reading the threads. Thanks to everyone for their help and welcome to the world of Blackberry!!

juniperberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Welcome, these guys are so helpful, I've solved nearly all my issues with apps loading and removing and moving things around just by reading the threads. Thanks to everyone for their help and welcome to the world of Blackberry!!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The easiest way to wipe the previous owners personal data is on the BB go to Options/Security Options/General Settings/Click the menu button(the one just left of the trackball) and select "wipe handheld". If you want to save the theme and colorpearl app then do not select "Include third party applications". It will tell you to type the word "blackberry" to confirm the wipe.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4