Hi, 1. Call Forwarding is not under the Options menu ? I can only find ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thegallery no está en línea Stack level 2

Newbie Questions & Concerns

Advertisement

Hi,

1. Call Forwarding is not under the Options menu ? I can only find it when I go to my call log (pressing the green button), then clicking on Menu, then going to full menu, then going to options here, then going to call forwarding. I found it by accident. In the user’s guide it says it is right under regular options, but it isn't. Plus, I need to activate call forwarding with one or two clicks, and I see no way of doing this?

2. Is there a way to only have the indicator light blink when new calls or voice mails are logged? I don’t want it to blink every time I get an email.

3. Is there a way to apply Outlook rules to email, or any rules to email? I get hundreds of emails a day and most are junk. I normally have Outlook sort for me. I love that I can receive email from anywhere, but I don’t want to see them all. (I don’t have that enterprise server thing)

4. Browsing, at least in my house, is very slow and almost not worth the effort. Just going to regular sites, like USAtoday and such, takes about 1 minute to connect each page. Is this normal?

5. Is it possible to open different links in ‘different windows’.

6. How do I turn on pictures during browsing. Some appear, most don’t. (connection is slow anyway but sometimes I’d like to see certain pictures. I enabled the image files in the browser options…but no luck

I have “14 days” buyers remorse from TMobile allowing me to return it if I don’t like it. So I really have to explore the phone and the Blackberry functionality as much as possible to see if it was worth it to me. I like the added functionality from a regular phone, but it also seems like a lot more to worry about. If I can get it to do what I want it to do, fine. But if I can’t automatically sort email, for example, well, that would be a pain. And perhaps if I am going this route, the MDA would be a better option.

Nokia just announced the N95 with 5MP camera. It has small phone capabilities too. It’s a confusing world!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Newbie Questions & Concerns

How long have you had ur pearl?

RIM had browser issues the last day or so...

Try now and see if its any better?

Less then 24 hours, and oh yes, much better right now. Will take some getting use too though...

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I will try to answer as many as I can.

1. You're right about call forwarding not being in the Options. It is an option for the phone app only. Yes you do have to go thru all those teps to get to it. Sorry there is no other way to access it.

2.You can set this up in your profiles. By adjusting the settings of the LED light.

3. You can only apply rules when on a BES. I think using a hosted server might work too. I am not 100% sure tho.

4. Known issue for yesterday. Normally if you have a decent amount of 'bars' and EDGE in uppercase, the browsing speed should be fine.

5. No not yet. Maybe a new OS will let us do this.

6. Yesterday and today my web has been acting up and not showing all the pictures. I think it's just the issue with RIM and your service provider. Normally when you go into the options in your browser. Under Browser Configuration, you can set it to show images and such.

Shadow Shots no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CFAF4F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~With regards to E-mail,I have my outlook or gmail or whatever do the filtering for me and only forward the mailb that I need to the BB

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~also you can setup filters by logging into your bis account on a pc, there you can setup filters for each email you are getting on your BB.

bhong no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~how can I get vid to play on my 8700

Thanks very much for all the advice. I'll definitely have to look into some server-side filtering for the email.

Meanwhile I did figure out how to turn off the blinking light for emails, so that was great, and thanks again for the tip.

I just put my three address books in from Outlook; Personal, Clients and Other. Unfortunately everything goes into one book on the PEARL. Is there a way to devide these up? I like that it is so easy to syncronize with Outlook. I just wish I could devide up the address books within the PEARL itself. There’s no need to see my local pizza joint mixed in with the the people I need to call all the time...

I love how the voice dialing is working without training.

I like the function of the speakerphone but I wish I could dial in speakerphone mode rather then clicking the shortcut key.... And also the speakerphone is just too quiet and hard to hear for my noisy car. (I realize there is not a lot of room for a larger speaker though.)

Even though the internet is working now it seems a bit lacking. Often I just see the left side of pages, with most of the content missing. I search on eBay and could see results yesterday, now i just see the left side today. So not sure what I'm doing wrong...

The Blackberry used to be something really great and different. But is this Pearl that much different then some of the other phones out there? Can't they all do email like this? Can't they surf the web?

Don't get me wrong, I like the form factor, the price(though with 2 year contract). And the keyboard works great for me. Like many others though I want more!

I was very happy with my old Sony Ericson T610, so you can imagine I'm way impressed with this. I just want assurances I'm making a good decision, if not the right decision.