Hey everyone, like so many other threads that I've been reading, I'm new to the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

NateDogX no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie Questions About BB Pearl

Advertisement

Hey everyone, like so many other threads that I've been reading, I'm new to the wonderful world of the Blackberry Pearl. I've loaded some wonderful applications onto my Pearl such as Yak-On, which I've been very happy with if not for the fact that it occasionally signs me out of AIM and sometimes has issues signing back in (that can really suck battery power), I've also loaded the RSS Reader FreeRange, as well as a couple of songs and themes.

The reason why I'm making this post however, is because of a few problems that I've been unable to find the answer to. First, I downloaded the file com_plazmic_theme_Matrix.jad, it appears in the applications right above the com_plazmic_theme_reader. For whatever reason though it doesn't appear in the themes list under options. I tried popping the battery out for 30 seconds, but to no avail. Any thoughts?

My next problem comes from the world of custom ring tones. I'm using the application WavePad to edit songs on my PC and then transfer them to BB, which works wonderfully. When I load the custom ringer in the media player it plays all 18 second of the song, but when a call comes through for that ringer, it only plays about 6 seconds or so, rather than the whole thing. I've noticed that for longer songs (full version) it will play around 30 seconds. Should I extend the length of my clip to plan for it to cut off early?

Any help with these couple of questions would be greatly appeciated, I'm sure there will be more later on! Thanks.

--Nate Ahearn

NateDogX no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Newbie Questions About BB Pearl

Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I post my questions, one of them is answered! I got the Matrix theme to come through to my theme list. One question down, one to go!
    Last edited by NateDogX; 03-25-2007 at 12:16 PM.

iTzTeddy no está en línea Stack level 3

First, Welcome to Pinstack. Two, your ringtone, make sure its mp3. file, and i enver heard of wave pad, but if that doesn't work out, use Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ thats the link for it, and i guess do a battery pull after. Usually it doesn't matter how long the song is, it matters how long the person is on the line waiting for you to pick up.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

I too use WavePad - great program huh? Discovered it cuz of someone mentioning it on here. Anyways, uhm .. if you do as I do, I clip my favorite parts of songs and create my own shortened MP3 ringtone. Works great for me and my 2GB mini SD card... but when i tried to Bluetooth my ringer to non BB friends the file was too large or incompatible with the audio format their-dare I say "inferior" phone used to recognize and play ringtones. This is where the great part about wave pad comesinto play .. you can choose to save your clipped portion of your favorite song and save it as an AMR which is - Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) is an audio data compression scheme optimized for speech coding. which takes up a lot less space than an MP3 format ringtone file.

Hope this helps =)