PART 1 When I tried to make a call this morning, I got a message ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ephailey no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e90926

Newbie questions

Advertisement

PART 1
    When I tried to make a call this morning, I got a message asking if I wanted to "turn the radio on". I first said no and I could not call. Then I said Yes and I could call. Does anyone know what this is?

Part 2
    I'm not sure what the extent of "themes" is. Is this just the background look and icon look of the menus?

I've been reading some about the upcoming 8800 that is similar in size to the Pearl but has a full keyboard and wifi.

Part 3
    1. What is the point of wifi? I assume this lets one use internet access in hot spots but why can't you just use the internet access on the Pearl. Is the wifi faster? Allow different web access?

2. Is the phone G3 (fastest mobile internet standard) vs. EDGE?

3. If this phone is about the size of the Pearl but with full keyboard, why did they even come out with the Pearl. It is not that old? Why did they not put this keyboard and size on the Pearl?

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233
    I think when they are referring to the radio they ment your wireless connection on or of. Basically connecting to the network.

Themes change the menus colors icons and wallpapers just like they do on a PC.

Wifi is broadband internet speed, wireless just as if you were surfing the internet at high speed with your notebook. It is faster than the normal blackberry internet.

I dont think the 8800 is going to be near the same size, maybe smaller than the previous versions but not as small as the pearl.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

PIN/ID
    23e90926
    Is wifi much faster than g3 which is the new standard for mobile phones.

The 8800 is very close in size to the 8100. Same lenth. Slighly thicker. 3/10 inch wider.

PIN/ID
    23e90926
    Anyone know how wifi speed compares to g3?