One of the reasons I love my Rogers Pearl is that it is so tiny ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

LizzieLiz no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Newbie question: Moving trackball when phone is ringing

Advertisement

One of the reasons I love my Rogers Pearl is that it is so tiny - perfect for carrying it in my pocket! (I'm not too keen on the whole holster idea, so I got a pink OEM skin and figured it would be enough.) However, when the phone rings it'll stop ringing when the trackball is moved even the minutest amount!!!
    I always have keylock enabled when the phone is in my pocket so that doesn't help... I read in a thread the other day that the Rogers update solves this issue. Of course, I can't find the thread anymore. But, I did download the OS that was available on the Rogers site just yesterday for the purpose of unlocking the themes (totally off-topic, but thanks a bunch for that thread... the pink T-mobile theme goes perfectly with my skin!). The version I have is 8100-v4.2.0.51_P2.2.0.32... I modified the Blackberry.axl file as per the unlocking and then loaded the file onto my Pearl using the application loader. I thought this would solve the trackball situation but no such luck! Any thoughts/suggestions?

Team Arli$$ no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Newbie question: Moving trackball when phone is ringing

when i updated my pearl from t-mobile last month my trackball issue was resolved. it stopped muting calls all together. i'm not sure if the updates are the same but you may want to find out from rogers if this issue was to be fixed with the update.
    wat it do?
    PIN me: 23DE56E4
    Do you believe in Da Lep Ra Con?

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

This is not the most recent OS update. You want a more recent version. Not sure about Rogers but Cingular has released v.71 which I believe fixes this trackball issue. Do search here on the Stacks to find the link.

BRZ

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Well I have updated to the newest OS and if I get a call and my trackball is touched slighty it still stops ringing. Which is annoying.

Szadzik no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E23EA8

Quote Originally Posted by shadow63
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Well I have updated to the newest OS and if I get a call and my trackball is touched slighty it still stops ringing. Which is annoying.
    Use standby mode instead of keypad lock.
    Phone Tales:
    OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i BB Pear + Axim x51v

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

What OS did you upgrade to? V.71? .71 is the latest. I am running this version and do not have this issue.

dbldmd1 no está en línea Stack level 2

I upgraded to v4.2.0.71 and moving the trackball does no longer causes the bb to stop ringing.

Keep in mind if you use Cingular's software version, you must delete the vendor.xml file before updating - Rogers will likely not support issues you have with .71

Good luck!

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

what is the link for the cingular OS update?

dbldmd1 no está en línea Stack level 2

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Ok I had previously upgraded to v4.2.0.71 when it was first released and I also deleted the vendor.xml and touching the trackball still makes the bb to stop ringing. Cingular is also my carrier. I will retry the install of the newest OS again tonight at work and see if maybe it will make a difference. I just hate having to activate everything all over again .