Well I'm not NEW but new to the forum, so HELLO... Here's my scenario, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

asilver no está en línea Stack level 1

newbie question

Advertisement

Well I'm not NEW but new to the forum, so HELLO...

Here's my scenario, I have the 8120 on Tmobile US....I can't open Windows live messenger and the error states "service not enabled for this handheld"

I've already searched everywhere and also called tmobile's blackberry support.

They told me to go to blackberry.com/instantmessaging...which only confirmed that I can not use windows live messenger on the phone.

1: how do I get it to work on my phone...it worked on my 8100 just fine, why would it not work on the newer version

2: Why does Tmobile sell the phone with that on there....and state it should work, then send me to a website stating it doens't work.....I don't really need an answer to this question but LOL ID10T's

Help is much appreciated.

melgr702 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well someone at Tmobile is giving you BS info.
    Even when going onto Tmobile's site to check it out for you under the features of the phone it specifically says Windows Live Messanger.

I would try resending your services books, re-register on the network, and do a battery pull. There was a BIS upgrade over the weekend and maybe you need do these to complete the process and make sure it is put on your phone.

melgr702 thanks for the response.....quick question, can you send me a link on how to resend the service books....and also before I do, will this have any effect on my enterprise server emails....

I have run into the problem that when downloading the desktop manager on my home laptop it removes my enterprise server info and I have to call my IT department and they have to set it all up again....pain in the you know what....so i don't want to do anything that could disrupt my service....pluss I really need my phone to work for my work 100%

Thats where I draw a blank. I don't really know anything about BES. I've never delt with it, so I don't want to give you any wrong information.

HA so I got back on the phone with Tmobile....they were in the middle of telling me I probably need to start with checking with my IT department to see if they have allowed me to use Windows Live Messenger because I'm on the enterprise server.................and I clicked the Windows live messenger again....and it let me in.

He was totally surprised as I was but whatever, now it works...I guess the connectivity might be sporadic, but I'll just keep playing with it.

Well check with your IT department anyway. See if they can't get the services books sent to your phone again, just as a precaution. It couldn't hurt.

I sometimes get error messages when I use MSN as well. It might also just be something with their side of the puzzle.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    BES enabled BB have their permissions set by the IT dept/ BB Admin. so they could resend your service books for you. They too as said prev. would be the ones to consult as they are able to monitor all you do and therefore it may be wise to consult them first so as to not inadvertantly cause yourself trouble! Just a heads up, hope this helps . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!