Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum and I just got an 8100. It's a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

justinj no está en línea Stack level 2

Newbie needs help...screen won't come on...or am I just really dumb!

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum and I just got an 8100. It's a refurbished model that I got off of ebay. So first I charged it up, and then I noticed a green light come on after a while. I try to turn it on, but nothing happens. I'm not sure what I press to turn it on (yes I sound like an idiot), but for some reason the screen will not come on! I have no idea what the problem is, or what I'm doing wrong. But I really need some help. Thank you!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Newbie needs help...screen won't come on...or am I just really dumb!

as soon as you put the battery in it will come on, nothing to push. If the screen isn't turning off the BB might be broken

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Try pressing and holding down the red phone key for a few seconds then let go. If that doesn't do it pull ur. Battery out and poping it back in. Let us know how u make out, wellcome! Lesa

Quote Originally Posted by lesawag View Post
    Try pressing and holding down the red phone key for a few seconds then let go. If that doesn't do it pull ur. Battery out and poping it back in. Let us know how u make out, wellcome! Lesa

wow, i tried all of this...and still no response...i'm going to give these sellers hell, how can they expect to sell someone something that doesn't work??

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Yeah try to contact the seller. Need to be careful of Ebay. Always check seller feedback. Good luck and hope it works out!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by justinj View Post
    ...i'm going to give these sellers hell, how can they expect to sell someone something that doesn't work??
    they may not have. you know how UPS and all those other carriers/delivery people throw boxes around. It easily could have happened in transit. Good luck resolving it though

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    they may not have. you know how UPS and all those other carriers/delivery people throw boxes around. It easily could have happened in transit. Good luck resolving it though
    Maybe that could be why, I live in Canada and the phone came from California I think, so maybe it was damaged, who knows. The phone itself was packaged well and theres no sign of any external damage. One guy had a similar problem but he hasnt been online since May of this year. I guess my only is option is to return it and get my money back.

PIN/ID
    ask

If he gives u trouble just contact ebay, they'll help. I'm sorry for u I know how excited u were to get u new berry. This has happened to me recently. Maybe just buy one at a dealer,at least u can return I localy if there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lesawag View Post
    If he gives u trouble just contact ebay, they'll help. I'm sorry for u I know how excited u were to get u new berry. This has happened to me recently. Maybe just buy one at a dealer,at least u can return I localy if there's a problem.
    Yeah I just want to return it asap, or try to fix it if its a simple problem. I was really angry that it was sent like this, I mean the seller is a top reputable seller thats why I bought it from him. And at the dealers where I live, these phones go for about $350-$400. I got it for $200. I guess I got what I paid for. Next time I know not to get electronics off of ebay. This is really quite frustrating especially since it's Christmas now, and I'm panicking that my "new" phone is dead.

PIN/ID
    ask

I wonder if we used the same ebay seller, famouskicks? That seller was a nightmare! Yikes!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

justin -- did you get the 543 error gone and the bb up and runnin?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    justin -- did you get the 543 error gone and the bb up and runnin?
    I wish. I'm going to keep trying today, and if nothing works out I'm just going to return the damnn thing. I've pretty much reached my limit, and there's no reason why this thing shouldn't work. It's like they just grabbed a phone from a pile and shipped it without testing. I don't think I'll buy off ebay for electronics again.