Hi there , newbie here needing help Ok i have just today gotten an o2 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jimmyb no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie needs help !!!

Advertisement

Hi there , newbie here needing help

Ok i have just today gotten an o2 uk blackberry pearl ,and need some help in laymans terms ( i'm an idiot) !!!

I have registered for hotmail beta thing as stated in previous forums, but every time i go to register a new e-mail address on the pearl i cannot as i get an o2 screen , not the e-mail setup screen, and if i try an login using my o2 e-mail address when i first turned on and setup the pearl it says user not recognised AAAARRRGGHHH

please can someone help me do this in idiots terms, ( yes i read the manual) but it doesn't corresponf with what actually comes up on the pearl...

If i can't set up ANY new e-mail address then i may as well bin the pearl as thats why i got it !!!

Update : i have gotten in to the e-mail setup wizard and it doesn't recognise my o2 e-mail address or my hotmail address i guess i am doing something fundamentally stupid but i really need help !

cheers all, oh and HI

jimmy b
    Last edited by jimmyb; 11-24-2006 at 04:44 PM.

please someone help , its driving me nuts.......

ok more specific, what is your username and password if its not your initial e-mail name/password ???? i don't believe i setup a different username , and i have typed it and also cut and pasted it just in case i goofed ???

please help , i am losing faith in my technical ability and manual reading skills

thanks in advance

Jimmyb

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jimmyb, Welcome to PinStack.

Lets calm down a little and take our time. It may take a few hours for your BB account to be set up on the system. You said you got in to the o2 BIS page, Was there a place to enter your PIN and IMEI and you fill those in correctly? I assume that by username and password those are what you set initially when you first used the email Setup Wizard. If so that should work.

As to adding the Hotmail account, I'm not really sure but there should be an area to create an new account. Enter the full email address of the Hotmail account and the password for that account.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

hi there , sorry to sound a little heated, I have managed since to set up a new yahoo mail address , and link it through the o2 internet page for blackberrys on this pc, hotmail according to the o2 site is not recognised unless you get the prxy settings or something similar....i have been to the page where you enter pin and imei since, but they weren't recognised either ??

I also did the battery out for 15 seconds thing too, just in case i got a blast of updates or something, but zilch ??

I love the look and feel of the unit , but feel i have maybe bitten off more than i can chew, which kinda annoys me as i have had mobiles for 10 years, and am quite adept at e-mail, just can't put the 2 together !!!!

all good fun !

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You do have a Blackberry Data plan on your 02 account don't you? Do you have GPRS/EDGE indicated on the home screen? Or does it say data connection refused? Can you receive email that goes to your Yahoo account on your BB? Let me know and will work from there.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Woo - Hoo its working

hi rcjbr , in answer to your questions yes i am on o2 pay as you use blackberry data , with gprs ........

I have gprs signal , and wireless data turned on , and just received a setup message from yahoo ......it 's ALIVE !!!!!!!

a have 1 quick question , i have a formatted 256 meg micro sd card in the unit, but van only receive bluetooth mp3's from my pc or other phone less and say 3 meg , is this a device specific problem to the pearl ????? i have tried a couple of long and short titled mp3's of say 3.5 to 5 meg size, and ajusted the memory "buffer" in the settings to max for apps / other files but the only 2 mp3's i have sent are 1.5 and 2.7 meg ???

if i can get everything working a will be loving this little thing to death !!!

Jimmy

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Don't know about the Pearl Memory so can't help with this. Hopefully someone more familiar with the Pearl will be along with the answer.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~called t-mo. They said 2.8mb is the largest possible file you can transfer to onboard memory. I then got a 1gb micro sd card installed it and plugged BB into puter and BB asked a question about the mode of the sd. Select yes. Then BB will pop up on puter as a removeable disk. Then drag n drop to corresponding folder. When done transferring unplug BB and enjoy.

New t-mo / pearl user and more than satisfied.

Question getting there !!

transferred a couple more files, did 4.26 mb straight onto 256mb card from pc , so may be ok, did seem to stop start transferring a bit tough , anyone experienced this via bluetooth onth the pearl ???

got yahoo messenger as well, although "not avialable on pay as you use" access...

so nailing things bit by bit , any other great things i need on the b/berry appart from yahoo and the pre installed stuff ????