before i installed the desktop manager for my pearl, my internet worked. now when i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

1098011 no está en línea Stack level 2

newbie in desperate need of help

Advertisement

before i installed the desktop manager for my pearl, my internet worked. now when i install the manager, the internet icon on the desktop disappears. even when i try to go online thru the start screen, i can't get online. so i deleted the user that i was using (family computer) and created another one. well the internet icon was on that new user, but i still couldn't get onlne. the only way i found to get online is to unlock the address bar at the bottom of the screen and click on "go". even now when i get online the "connect" box shows up every once in a while and when i click "connect" it goes thru the whole dial up process, but can't seem to make a connection. so i just x it out and am able to stay online. would anyone know why this happened? thanks for any help out there. oh yeah by the way this website is the sh*t!!!! lotsa nice and friendly people willing to give friendly advice and help newbies like me out.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Re: newbie in desperate need of help

Hmm weird, never had an issue.

Hopefully someone will come along and help u out.

Welcome to pinstack btw

nsarpong no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF23E9

Re: newbie in desperate need of help

i'm confused. the internet on your computer no longer works after installying desktop manager? try uninstalling desktop manager, then see if you can get on. i dont understand how that could've happened, but computers are weird sometimes!!