I think ...!!! Actually got things set up without spending hours......however, I would appreciate the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Looony2nz no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie has a couple basic questions...

Advertisement

I think ...!!!
    Actually got things set up without spending hours......however, I would appreciate the answers to these questions, I'm sure they are no brainers for you girls / guys....THANKS in advance.
    1. I have 3 email accounts set up. Got an email or two in each, its working, however, one of the emails also went to my "messages" envelope / folder, whatever...why would that be?
    2. How to set up speed dials
    3. How to disable the side camera button, or should I just press that bar at the top to to that.
    4. and lastly (for now...) I see you can set different tones / ringtones for all the different type of events (regular ringing, messages, sms messages, etc....) what is a Level 1 message, and is "messages" just voice mail? or ????? yikes....thats confusing.
    I think thats enough for now, i'm sure I'll have more at some point.
    thanks so much.....

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Newbie has a couple basic questions...

1. Actually all emails should end up in Messages. However, BES email (BlackBerry ENTERPRISE Server) will go into Messages only.

2. There are two ways. When in the Phone app, click the Menu button (button to the LEFT of the trackball) and select View Speed Dial List. From the list, scroll to the number you want to assign, click the Menu button and select New Speed Dial and select the contact (and the number for that contact) to assign it. You can also assign a speed dial from within an Address Book entry. Scroll to the number, click the Menu button and select Add Speed Dial. In the Address Book entry, Add Speed Dial won't appear on the menu if you don't have a Phone Number field that has a number in it highlighted.

3. You can't disable the side button, but you can reassign it to something else. Go to Options --> Screen/Keyboard, scroll down to (Right/Left) Side Convenience Key Opens:, hit the [Alt] button (bottom key - left column) and select the option you want.

4. Level 1 is a PIN to PIN message, or any message you assign as a Level 1 message either through the BIS Filters, or Email Filters in Messages Options.
    JerryD

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Welcome to the stacks! You found the right place to learn more.

Your email messages will by default show up in the consolidated "messages" folder, in addition to showing up in their respective individual folders. This allows you to customize how you handle your messages. Some users like to "hide" (roll the trackball over the icon, press menu button, then select "hide") the message folder and keep each separate email folder, to keep accounts separate. Others (like me) prefer to have just the one "Messages" folder as the only folder, and hide all the others.

Speed Dial: Just hold down the key you want to assign speed dial to, and a prompt will pop up asking you if you want to assign it. Click Yes and it proceeds to your address book. Select the person you want, follow the prompts, done.

To disable the side camera button: Do you mean when the camera is active?

"Messages" are all incoming messages: SMS, MMS, Email. I can't remember what Level 1 means, never bothered to pay attention. Someone else will definitely follow up on that.

Hope that helps.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

thespyder no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3181138A

From everything I know, you have the option in the message options screen to make PIN messages level 1 which you can then assign a different sound effect and what not to within the profiles.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

I stand corrected. PIN messages can be set as Level 1 or not. You set the sound for each email address as well as Level 1 Messages under Profiles --> Advanced, and modify the profile by highlighting it and hitting [Enter].
    JerryD