Hello all! I am new to this forum and new to Blackberry period! In short, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ir_dizzle no está en línea Stack level 2

Newbie to Blackberry scene - have 8100 and am a Cingular "Blue" customer

Advertisement

Hello all!

I am new to this forum and new to Blackberry period! In short, I love the 8100 and blackberry period!

I have dl'd opera mini, google maps, berry411 - all of them work on my unlocked Cingular unit - as well as the browser... but I am a former At&t wireless customer (considered Cingular blue - never moved over to Cingular).

My question is - is it possible to view HTML web pages on this phone w/ the old cingular blue sim card? I have heard from Cingular customer support that I NEED TO SWITCH OVER TO CINGULAR to take advantage of the full potential of the phone... is this true?

Also, it is a drag that the only data plans available to cingular customers are the unlimited plan for 44.99 and the 5mb plan for 39.99. I really want the Blackberry personal plan for 29.99, but is not available to "Blue" customers according to the rep.

I really need your help guys... I have did countless hours of searching on this forum and on the net...

Is it worth switching over to Cingular if the above is true? I don't want to lose my free 7 to 7, but love this phone and want to harness its full capabilities.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

rod123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Newbie to Blackberry scene - have 8100 and am a Cingular "Blue" customer

I am a cingular Customer and I have the 29.99 plan. It called BBRYBISUNL
    Call cingular and ask them about it.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ir_dizzle, Welcome to PinStack.

Can't really help, cause when I bought my first BB on Cingular, they wouldn' even let me buy it unless I transitioned to Cingular, and this was a former ATTW store. I didn't even think they still differentiated between the two systems anymore. Have you logged into your BIS account and sent the service books. You might get your Internet Browser Service book.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

TinkMomZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EBD625

Quote Originally Posted by ir_dizzle
    Hello all!

I am new to this forum and new to Blackberry period! In short, I love the 8100 and blackberry period!

I have dl'd opera mini, google maps, berry411 - all of them work on my unlocked Cingular unit - as well as the browser... but I am a former At&t wireless customer (considered Cingular blue - never moved over to Cingular).

My question is - is it possible to view HTML web pages on this phone w/ the old cingular blue sim card? I have heard from Cingular customer support that I NEED TO SWITCH OVER TO CINGULAR to take advantage of the full potential of the phone... is this true?

Also, it is a drag that the only data plans available to cingular customers are the unlimited plan for 44.99 and the 5mb plan for 39.99. I really want the Blackberry personal plan for 29.99, but is not available to "Blue" customers according to the rep.

I really need your help guys... I have did countless hours of searching on this forum and on the net...

Is it worth switching over to Cingular if the above is true? I don't want to lose my free 7 to 7, but love this phone and want to harness its full capabilities.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    It is worth swiching over to Cingular. . not just for the before mentioned reason. Mainly, if you are still on the blue network, you will be forced eventually (this year) to switch to the Cingular (orange). And, as a current customer, you have offers available for additional discounts. If you are still on the blue network, you are already paying an extra charge just to use the old degraded network. Wouldn't you prefer to make the switch, lower your bill, increase your service coverage, and fully utilyze your new pearl?