I'm a new Blackberry user so forgive my ignorance. Yesterday, my personal BB pearl got ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

eimajination no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie: Auto-synching Contacts (but not GAL) possible?

Advertisement

I'm a new Blackberry user so forgive my ignorance. Yesterday, my personal BB pearl got hooked up to my company's enterprise account. During enterprise activation, there was an error saying that the Address Book sync failed.

Right now, my phone:
    - receives emails from outlook
    - syncs correctly with my outlook calendar (automatically)

For the address book, it currently only has the contacts that I originally synched (using USB) with outlook. Can it now automatically sync (without USB wire) with my contacts?

NOTE: The global address book does NOT show up on my phone but I actually like this because otherwise looking through the address book on my phone would be impossible (I'm in a big company). When I do a "lookup", it does search the GAL, so that's good enough for me.

Can I automatically sync notes from outlook too?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

eimajination no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Newbie: Auto-synching Contacts (but not GAL) possible?

I noticed that for my Address Book "options", I don't have the "Wireless Sync" option. This is probably because of the failure that occurred during initial enterprise activation (mentioned in my original post).

Anyone know how I can enable Address Book synchronization? Right now, I can perform lookups through the global address book, which I'm happy about. But I'd like to synchronize the contacts (all personal, NOT part of company's global address book) on my desktop outlook with my BB automatically, without using the synching problem (i.e. USB).

Anyone?

huotg01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Newbie: Auto-synching Contacts (but not GAL) possible?

I saw somewhere else in this forum that an Outlook entry in the addres book without a name (eg: just an email) would produce such an error when doing the enterprise activation ...

Just check it out... (I'm not an expert)

G.