I'm new with the whole blackberry thing, i just got my new bb in, and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sqweak no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie, and i'm LOST with the pearl

Advertisement

I'm new with the whole blackberry thing, i just got my new bb in, and i can't figure out anything.. tried to search for help on this site and nothing seems to help... maybe i'm just dumb and should have never gotten this thing.....

1. how can i change the wallpaper...
    2. people talk about themes, how do i change that..
    3. ringtones how do i add them...
    4. people say you can download extra games. where and how...

5. what is the main purpose for the BES, and do i have to set if up and what fee does cingular charge for this and do i have to have the data serivce...

i know these questions get asked all the time.. but i have tried to read some posts and i'm really clueless...

thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Newbie, and i'm LOST with the pearl

1) To change the wallpaper, you have to download them from mobile.blackberry.com using the browser on your Pearl. If you don't have a data plan, there is a thread that explains how to do this.

2) To change themes, go to Options>Theme. Scroll down to whichever theme you want and click Activate. This does not require a data plan.

3) To add ringtones (if you have a data plan), use your browser and search for ringtones (not sure which format since I don't use them). If you don't have a data plan, there is a thread that explains how to do this.

4) You have to use the BB browser or Desktop Manager Application Loader to add games.

5) The BlackBerry Enterprise Server is for corporate environments that use BlackBerry devices. If you are not on one of these, you can log into Cingular's BB website and create a BlackBerry Internet Service address to use with your BB but you won't get email without a data plan.

Yes you have to have a data plan to do numbers 1-4 but there is a way to get games, ringtones and wallpapers without a data plan but it's much simpler to have one.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Erica has got you covered. Holler if you need anything else.

Sqweak no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank You...

now i guess i have to find the thread to download everthing that i would like to do...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

You're welcome. You will find that it's much more fun (and easier) to use the BB with the data plan. There are reasonable prices with Cingular that you can look into.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome. You'll find the community here willing to help from newbie to real techie questions, I was lost when I had to deploy bb accross our organisation, but reading these pages had almost every answer I have ever needed, as well as nice extra info!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Be sure and check out the 8100 wallpaper section too. You can download wallpaper already sized for your pearl and transfer via dm to the pearl.

firepiper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24133d85

you can also( if you have microSD card) use pics from your PC as wallpapers.

for instance I found a slide of my mom ( recently passed away) at 16 so I scanned it into my PC then put it into my SD card via mass storage, open media, pics, media card, highlight the pic you want, menu button ( on the left of the track ball)
    set as home screen and Bob's your uncle!

if you have a data plan I recommend Phonezoo.com (free) you can upload sounds/songs/movie quotes
    and turn them into ring tones, you can also search the site for the above mentioned that people have already made.
    on april 22 2007 my mother was killed right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it....
    Cancer was her killer, support cancer research and bring the killer to justice!!

USArmyWife no está en línea Stack level 3

sqweak welcome !!! Dont worry ! Not 2 weeks ago I was in the same place as you. Now i have tons of themes, games, ringers and wallpapers rockin on my phone. Pm if u need anything !
    Last edited by USArmyWife; 05-19-2007 at 05:51 PM.
    I'm a Pirate Ninja !

PIN: 24082565

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Man oh man. I was so excited to answer those questions. But someone beat me to it. Well I'm glad someone was able to help. If you need anything at all don't be afraid to ask. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hello, and welcome to the stacks! I just wanted to add two really good sites for d/l ringtones/themes and wallpapers check out mobile41.com and tuneusin.com from your blackberry browser.

Angie