Hi All: I've searched the threads and can't find an answer. Not really sure how ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

CAComp no está en línea Stack level 1

Newbie...Address Book / Contacts

Advertisement

Hi All:

I've searched the threads and can't find an answer. Not really sure how to word the questions either.

1. I have a lot of Contacts in M/S OutLook. Is there a limit as to how many I can have?

2. Where are these Contacts being stored? They can't be on the MicroSD card as I dont have one yet.

3. Are they stored on the SIM (???) card? If so, is there a way to check size and available space on the card?

If this makes no sense let me know.
    Thanks for all your help. This is a great fourm that I like to check everyday.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Newbie...Address Book / Contacts

CAComp, Welcome to PinStack.

How many contacts do you consider a lot?

There is no limit on the number of contacts. It is limited by the size of the available Memory.

They are normally stored on the Device Media. You can put them on the SIM, but what is put on it is limited, Not sure what fields are transfrered though.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

The SIM card holds an additional 250 contacts. I read this in a cnet.com Pearl review before.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have 1,025 contacts in my address book and I know others who have over 1,200. I'm sure others have even more than that.

tl_1981 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have 1,025 contacts in my address book and I know others who have over 1,200. I'm sure others have even more than that.
    dam you know a lot of people!!!

CAComp no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks...I have just about 500 contacts in outlook and I forgot to mention the Outlook Calendar I use daily. I was thinking about all of the information I was storing / sync and where it's stored.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

All the data is stored on the BlackBerry internal memory.

From the homescreen --> Options --> Status --> Menu key --> Database Sizes.

This list will provide the details: number of entries and actual memory used to store those entries. This page view is informational only. There is no function to delete or edit or move.

deaddodo no está en línea Stack level 1

You can have more than 3,000 addresses (it works for me currently).

JDiesel no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by deaddodo
    You can have more than 3,000 addresses (it works for me currently).
    Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I just bought my Pearl. I've searched through the threads but couldn't find a way around the problem I'm having with my address book.

I'm trying to sync my Outlook contact list with the Pearl. Desktop Manager properly connects and tries to sync the 300+ contacts I have with the phone. However, it always stops at 99/350. It seems the Pearl will not acccept more than 100 contacts in the Address Book. Is there an option to check on the Pearl to get around this? FYI, the contacts are being stored on the phone, since the SIM Phonebook is empty.

JDiesel

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It should take a lot more than 100, It probably has to do with something in the one of the contacts. Check the Log (View Log) in the Syncronization/Configuration Tab of Desktop Manager to see if you can find the offending contact. All contacts must have something in at least one of the name fields (First, Last or Company) and they should not have any special characters in these fields.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

JDiesel no está en línea Stack level 1

Rcbjr,

Thanks for the tip. It wasn't glaringly obvious as to which contact was causing the synchronization problems, so I just went through a brute force method to figure it out. I created a backup of my contacts, then deleted all contacts except the ones starting with "A". When those transferred properly, I added "B" and so forth. Luckily, I only had 340 contacts, so it wasn't too bad.

I've got everything syncing properly, so now I'll be more cautious of inputting contacts. Thanks again for the advice.

JDiesel

Robbie2928 no está en línea Stack level 1

Im having a major problem with my address search. When I go to my Address Book and I type a letter to find someones name it says *No Addresses." When I go to the options menu my Sort By is set to first name. This used to work on this phone fine but ever since I synced my address book to my yahoo account it stopped working.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Did you back up before you synced? You probably synced wrong and now you lost all your addresses.

If you backed up then just restore. If you didn't check you sync options and see how you have them set. That would probably be the cause.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Also check your settings in the address book. Menu Button-->Options/Preferences (can't remember which one, not near my phone at the moment). Make sure the business/personal "filters" are unchecked.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.