tried searching, but may be too simple of a question. Actually, I have a couple ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thomas4477 no está en línea Stack level 1

newb question - where are ringtones

Advertisement

tried searching, but may be too simple of a question. Actually, I have a couple of questions. The guides seem too advanced for me right now

1. How do you find/assign ringtones?

2. Also, should I keep the phone on standby during the day or not?

3. Can I transfer an mp3 from my comp. to the BB? Are there any other methods for getting a song onto the device?

First BB and I'm trying to get up to speed here.

thank you!!

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: newb question - where are ringtones

Q3.- Download your DM to your computer. From there click Media. You can transfer you MP3s like that. Id get a Media Card.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

1. Finding ringtones on your device after saving or finding to download? To download, see, #3. Or you can chop up your own mp3's with sound editing software, I recommend Audacity, it's free and easy to use. To find them on the device after saving, just go to the Media icon and there's an icon under that for rintones, you can select the phone ringer from there, or you can edit your different alerts from the Profiles icon on your Blackberry's home screen.

2. No real reason to keep the phone on standby, unless you're super worried about saving batttery.If you have a holster with sleep mode, that's more than sufficient. Perhaps turning your Profiles to quiet during the night is a good idea though.

3. I think the easiest method to get a song on your device is to download straight from the browser. There's a list in my signature of some ringtone sites. There's also another list somewhere on here in the Rintones forum section.