Just got the Pearl and so far really like it but am really new to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zstyle01 no está en línea Stack level 1

new with maps and pearl

Advertisement

Just got the Pearl and so far really like it but am really new to it. I keep hearing and reading about bb maps and google maps which sounds really good to have it on a phone but what do i need in order to use them? i know a gps device but does it matter which one since im with tmobile and do i really need a data plan service (which i would have to ask tmobile about correct?)? is a i-blue gps device good or what?

thanks

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: new with maps and pearl

I would highly suggest for you to get a data plan so you can use your pearl to its full potential. I think an unlimited data plan from t-mobile is 19.99 a month. With a data plan you can use the internet from the pearl and it also allows you to do anything involved with the internet. With a data plan you will have so much more fun with your pearl.

Now for the bb maps and google maps issue you will need a data plan also. When you activate your account for a data plan an icon will automatically appear on your screen. With the data plan you will also be allowed to use google maps. I'm not sure what you are talking about using a GPS device for this, but all you need is a data plan to use these two applications.

Hope this helped,

COJO 24

zstyle01 no está en línea Stack level 1

oh well that sounds really easy compared to what i have been reading and hearing.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

i prefer google maps (satellite feature rocks my socks off) bb maps is pretty good as well

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Welcome to PinStack

BTW, U've been a good choice right there! Glad you got that PEARL

xpsych07x no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EB3735

hi zstyle, well i dont know about the i-blue gps receiver but if a gps receiver has bluetooth, it would work fine with your pearl. I have BBMaps and planning to get a solar bluetooth gps receiver . Hope that helps.

-xpsych07x
    "23EB3735"