Well, my company finally made the switch to BlackBerries, so we all got 8130s. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Vrmithrax no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3133AA47

Question New Verizon 8130 application loading

Advertisement

Well, my company finally made the switch to BlackBerries, so we all got 8130s. I got mine last week, been playing with it, and love it... But I have a weird problem I can't seem to figure out.

I cannot, under any circumstances, load applications into my 8130 from the Desktop Manager. I have the very latest DM (4.3), and from what I can see in my phone, it has the latest OS available (the tech supposedly put the latest and greatest on when I bought it). But, no matter what I try, it can't seem to load apps. Now if an app is already loaded (via OTA) it can sure remove that app, but that's it.

I tried it with some Google stuff, downloaded a few programs like Google Maps and couldn't get them to load in from DM. If I used the OTA link for the exact same programs (same version, everything) they installed just fine.

I've got a few themes and some other things I'd really like to get into this unit, and it's becoming very frustrating to do what should be an easy thing. Any ideas on what's wrong?

And for the record:
    Desktop Manager is v4.3.0.15
    Phone is v4.3.0.60 (Platform 3.1.0.32)

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    You need to load the BB OS from Verizon here: http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/ onto the PC also in order to load apps via DM. Also, when you do, the version of OS you have on the BB is older than what VZW is currently offering for download. So it will update your BB OS as well.

Welcome to PinStack
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 03-21-2008 at 08:45 PM.

PIN/ID
    3133AA47
    Thanks, I was kind of figuring it had something to do with the software... I've installed and uninstalled so much stuff lately, I couldn't keep track of it all. I know I have the latest versions of both in the system, but I am going to uninstall everything and just start from scratch, hopefully it will work.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Keep us posted.

PIN/ID
    3133AA47
    Welp, uninstalled everything to do with BlackBerry and Verizon, then freshly downloaded and reinstalled the files from Verizon. Appears to work now!

Don't know what was hosed up, but apparently I cleared the pipes so the data can flow. Thanks for the assist!

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    well you could also delete the vendor.xml and load different carriers OS's or edit blackberry.alx file so that you can load anything theme