Hi all, I got my Blackberry last week and so far I love it, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bleedbls no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3020525e

New user with E-mail problem

Advertisement

Hi all,

I got my Blackberry last week and so far I love it, but I now have an issue. I set up my school email on my BB and it was all working fine until Sunday. I am not recieving any mail to my handheld, and when I try to send mail it will successfully send but on the handheld the red X will appear. I did the diagnostic check and it pinging alright but there is 'no's' beside Registration, Connected to Blackberry and Blackberry PIN-PIN.

Any help would be great, let me know if you need more infor

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Have you tried a battery pull? Sometimes thats enough to cure a small issue. Especially if you didn't do a battery pull after the RIM upgrade over the weekend.

Re-sending your service books would be the next thing to try. (If you don't know how to do that, just ask)

If that doesn't restore it, post back and let us know.

Welcome to the Stacks!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    3020525e
    The battery bull didn't work, how do I re-send the service books?

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Ummm....how often does rim upgarde? How does one keep abreast of unpgrades. I like the VW symbol! On my second V dub now!

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedbls View Post
    The battery bull didn't work, how do I re-send the service books?
    I believe you'll need to "Register Now".

So...:
    Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> then press MENU and "Register Now".

Let us know how it works out!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Red X generally means a signal problem, sometimes in the office it happens to me and I have to move to the window area check my signal and resend

PIN/ID
    3020525e
    CMangum- I doubt it's a signal issue, I was receiving e-mail from the exact same places and I have the same issue where ever I seem to be (ie outside, at work, at home, in class)

I've registered but it doesn't seem to help...BTW when I go into 'E-mail Settings' it takes forever on requesting and then an error message comes up saying that it's 'unable to connect to the selected provisioning servier'

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by popo341 View Post
    Ummm....how often does rim upgarde? How does one keep abreast of unpgrades. I like the VW symbol! On my second V dub now!
    RIM scheduled outages are published ahead of time. We have so many well connected Stackers on here that the notice finds its way to our site in pretty short order. So just check the home page. If its a scheduled outage, you'll hear about it from us.

And congrats on your choice of cars! They're good vehicles. Just picked up Dub #8 about 10 days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbls View Post
    CMangum- I doubt it's a signal issue, I was receiving e-mail from the exact same places and I have the same issue where ever I seem to be (ie outside, at work, at home, in class)

I've registered but it doesn't seem to help...BTW when I go into 'E-mail Settings' it takes forever on requesting and then an error message comes up saying that it's 'unable to connect to the selected provisioning servier'
    At this point, I would suggest calling your service provider and asking them to check all of your account provisions. It sounds like something on their end, since you've done all the routine things you can do from your side.

Just as a final question...you do have a Blackberry Data Plan from your provider, not just their regular Data plan, correct? I made this assumption earlier, but since you're still having issues, I thought I'd ask.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

PIN/ID
    3020525e
    I do have a plan from my provider...I'll call Bell today (their hours don't always correspond to mine) Thanks for all the effort guys, and the fast replys.

PIN/ID
    3020525e
    Something you guys told me to do seems to have worked. Thanks a lot guys
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    it prolly was just a network issue and it corrected itself.