Heya Guys :] Just a few simple questions i am hoping. 1.) my phone says ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

countrysurf no está en línea Stack level 1

New User - Few Questions About 8100.

Advertisement

Heya Guys :]

Just a few simple questions i am hoping.

1.) my phone says "data connection refused" i know this is because i have a pay as you go sim in there, I am curently on O2 what i want to know is will i have to purchase a contract sim and a Blackberry data plan to get rid of this? or just a contract sim. and can ti be any contract O2 sim.

2.) I have no browser icon. Why would this be?

3.) No blackberry maps on the uk version but i know i can download that over the ent when everything is set up.

4.) Finally when i get the contract sim.... how do i get all of the email settings etc. would i ring technical help with O2 and get them to send the settings?!

5.) What is the in an out of Holster selection? My phone didn't come with a holster when i bought it...so will it be the "Out of holster" optionn that will only concern me?

Im sure i had mroe questions to ask but for now this should be fine.

Finally i wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome to the forum.

Very friendly!

Thanks guys

Tim

Re: New User - Few Questions About 8100.

oo i remember my last one!

sorry guys.

final question was.

when i recieve texts it has for example

"Matt /m" on the text message rather than just "Matt" is this normal? to let me know its a mobile, do you guys get this too?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by countrysurf
    Heya Guys :]

Just a few simple questions i am hoping.

1.) my phone says "data connection refused" i know this is because i have a pay as you go sim in there, I am curently on O2 what i want to know is will i have to purchase a contract sim and a Blackberry data plan to get rid of this? or just a contract sim. and can ti be any contract O2 sim.

Tim, data connection refused will remain until you have a data plan in effect.

2.) I have no browser icon. Why would this be?

The browser icon would only be sent to your BB in your service books when you have a data plan.

3.) No blackberry maps on the uk version but i know i can download that over the ent when everything is set up.

4.) Finally when i get the contract sim.... how do i get all of the email settings etc. would i ring technical help with O2 and get them to send the settings?!

When you get a data plan, you'll have an internet email set up icon where you can load your addressses.

5.) What is the in an out of Holster selection? My phone didn't come with a holster when i bought it...so will it be the "Out of holster" optionn that will only concern me?

You're right on on this one.

Im sure i had mroe questions to ask but for now this should be fine.

Finally i wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome to the forum.

Very friendly!

Thanks guys

Tim
    Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Thanks a bunch :]

Quick reply.

I like you guys.

Someone should be paying you

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by countrysurf
    Thanks a bunch :]

Quick reply.

I like you guys.

Someone should be paying you
    click their ads and sign up or somethign ;D

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

our pleasure. That's how we learned too!

em123 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a few questions also, I just bought a pearl and am getting used to the transition from my 7105t.

1. I have an sd card and I was just wondering why I can't access documents from it. I use it to store homework etc, I can see the files when I connect to my desktop, but why can't I view the folder or document from my phone? It doesn't even show the folder IV created on my phone. I was able to with my 7105t but then again I always emailed documents to my phone.

2. I have an Instant messenger icon in my main menu. But when I open it, it opens the browser and gives me a page not found error. Can someone tell me why it does this? The blackberry instant messenger works..

3. I am going to take a wild guess, but I'm guessing the sd card just holds files and doesn't give the phone memory program room?

4. How do I save all my contacts to my sim card? All the numbers I have on it are old and outdated, and I'd like it if the numbers weren't just saved on the phone itself.

That's all lol thanks for your help, this phones def a lot better than my old BB .

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~